Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Matching Options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

Recently i have created BMM campaigns in Adwords and opted "Do not include Close Variations" in the campaign settings. But the respective BMM keywords in the campaign are triggering for Close Variants also??

Can any one please clarify me why the ads are triggering to respective keyword close variants also?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Matching Options

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Pradeep,

Do not include settings is for Phrase and Exact match type. BMM has a nature to trigger for close variants.

Copied From Campaign Settings Tab: Exact & Phrase Close Variant:

Exact and phrase match

How it works: Your ads can show for close variants of your exact match and phrase match keywords. Close variants include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations, and accents. We won't show your ads for synonyms of your exact match and phrase match keywords.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Pradeep,
As Neha says, this is actually quite intuitive.
The very nature of BMM means that you WANT variants to trigger your ads.

If you're looking for the control that you specify, stick with phrase and exact.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You..

I was confused with the BMM campaign settings.. I thought BMM keyword Search term will be delivered completely in Broad Match Type! Anyway Thanks for Clarifying.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The "plus sign" that you add before the keyword basically tells Google that you want close variants of the keyword to show up.