AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Match type & First Page bid estimate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am creating a Search Campaign . I have observed that when I changed my keyword type from Broad Match to Phrase match, my first page bid got changed to Rs 366 . Earlier , the same keyword was eligible for Rs 25 for Broad match . Now when i am again changing back to broad match, its still showing me Rs 366 ? Can anyone please help me ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brand V
September 2015

Re: Keyword Match type & First Page bid estimate

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

You were running that keyword for a while in the broad match and hence over time with optimization and competition the bids came down to Rs 25 maybe. However, when you changed the match type to phrase you refreshed the stats for that and now it will start to build its history from scratch as its a new keyword altogether.

Secondly, no it wont be Rs. 365 always. As i said, Google based on present searches, competition and your QS decided that number as first page bid. However, it should come down in few days.

For some cases i have seen Google asking me Rs. 500 for a keyword, however, the avg cpc that i saw was Rs.15-20

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
HI Brand,

This happened because you editing the keyword, refreshed its keyword history.

Secondly, that's the max cpc bid that adwords estimates that will be required to display your ad on google that doesnt mean you will pay that amount. For all you know, you might end up paying Rs. 30. Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Regards
Rohit Khanna

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks rohit, but can you please let me know what do you mean by keyword history. So it will now always show me Rs 365 all the Time.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brand V
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

You were running that keyword for a while in the broad match and hence over time with optimization and competition the bids came down to Rs 25 maybe. However, when you changed the match type to phrase you refreshed the stats for that and now it will start to build its history from scratch as its a new keyword altogether.

Secondly, no it wont be Rs. 365 always. As i said, Google based on present searches, competition and your QS decided that number as first page bid. However, it should come down in few days.

For some cases i have seen Google asking me Rs. 500 for a keyword, however, the avg cpc that i saw was Rs.15-20

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Regards
Rohit Khanna