AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Match Types in new layout

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

In old AdWords layout, there were three checkbox buttons for keyword match types - Broad, Exact and Phrase match. In the new layout, I don't see these three options. Can someone guide me how to filter/search keywords on these three terms? 

Regards,

Niraj Nagar

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
December 2015

Re: Keyword Match Types in new layout

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Niraj,

Now it is not available by default, you can opt this using columns.

Go to keywords tab >> columns subtab >> modify columns >> Attributes >> Add Match type (2nd last) >> apply.

Now you will have this in your adwords statistics and after clicking the match type corresponding to a particular keyword, you can select any of the three.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Rising Star)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Niraj,

Now it is not available by default, you can opt this using columns.

Go to keywords tab >> columns subtab >> modify columns >> Attributes >> Add Match type (2nd last) >> apply.

Now you will have this in your adwords statistics and after clicking the match type corresponding to a particular keyword, you can select any of the three.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Archit,

Thanks for the reply. As per your answer, I found the match type in keywords under Campaign.

Cheers,
Niraj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Niraj,

Sorry, i am not able to figure this out, can you please help me again..In the columns there is 6 options (ad impression share, suggested bid, competition and all ) is there but there is no option to choose match type.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Suprabhat,

Under which tab you are accessing the columns sub-tab?
You need to choose the keyword tab first then the columns sub-tab.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Suprabhat,

Please see below attached image. Hope I have located it at correct place and will clear your query.

12.jpg

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

That's really pretty good Niraj.

One thing I would like to add is you can shift this attribute left- right by drag can drop up-down within the columns after adding to the recorder.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a Lot Niraj & Archit.