AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Conflict & Account Structure

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I would like to clarify few doubts regarding keyword conflict & account structure for an OTA on Adwords.

Can you have similar keywords in 2 campaigns, targeted to different regions?

Eg; India targeted campaign with an ad ‘Best Hotels in Dubai’ & a campaign targeted to Australia with a similar ad and keyword, ‘Best Hotels in Dubai’ Since the campaigns are targeted to different geo’s there shouldn’t be a keyword conflict, right?

Also, kindly suggest which of the below mentioned campaign structure is recommended.

1. Campaign – India_Dubai, India_London, Australia_Dubai & Australia_London

(The campaigns are targeted to India and Australia respectively and have identical ads, promoting Dubai and London) This helps me allocate spends for Dubai and London individually across India and Australia.

1. Campaign- IN/AU_Dubai & IN/AU_London

(Campaigns are targeted to both India and Australia, one of them has only Dubai based ads and the other has London based ads, but there is no duplication of ads or keywords here)

Kindly help… Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Re: Keyword Conflict & Account Structure

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Kristen,

To answer your first question, yes. Since the proposed campaigns have different geo targeting, the keywords would not conflict. As for which campaign set-up is better: either option would work, but I think the first option would be easiest to manage, simply because it would allow you to control your spend more closely, like you said.

Does that help?
Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
October 2015

Re: Keyword Conflict & Account Structure

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Kristen,

To answer your first question, yes. Since the proposed campaigns have different geo targeting, the keywords would not conflict. As for which campaign set-up is better: either option would work, but I think the first option would be easiest to manage, simply because it would allow you to control your spend more closely, like you said.

Does that help?
Cassie