2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Keywood Tool - Competition

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I use Keyword tool to look out for relevant keywords for my campaign. I have noticed that there is a competition column in keywords tool and before extracting data into excel sheet, its mentioned on it low, medium and high and when i pull out the data into excel i see 0.24 or 0.21 etc.Why does it show like that?

and what does low, medium and high mean. Does it indicate anything?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dreamzworld
September 2015

Re: Keywood Tool - Competition

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi dreamzworld

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

Your question- what does low, medium and high mean, Does it indicate anything?

Competition: The number of advertisers worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. In the "Competition" column, you can see whether the competition for a keyword idea is low, medium, or high.

Here's a page with information about keyword tool columns and statistics-

Understanding keyword tool columns

I hope this helps

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dreamzworld
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi dreamzworld

Welcome to the AdWords community :-)

Your question- what does low, medium and high mean, Does it indicate anything?

Competition: The number of advertisers worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. In the "Competition" column, you can see whether the competition for a keyword idea is low, medium, or high.

Here's a page with information about keyword tool columns and statistics-

Understanding keyword tool columns

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I am not quite sure, but this score, I think, shows "competition level" on a scale of 0-1

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks  Hel_ipe, That link has given me the answer Smiley Happy.

Thanks MosheTLV, You have always been there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If Hel_ipe's answer wasn't clear enough as there is the competition column when doing research in the keyword tool then it a different scoring animal once you download it in the .csv file (and the link doesn't answer the question) so after a quick search found a much more clear answer breaking out the Low, Medium, High and 0-1 score:

"For any of those who regularly use this competition metric, the new competitive labeling is as follows:
Low — Competitiveness number under .33
Medium — Competitiveness number between .33 and .66
High — Competitiveness number over .67
It should be known that the competitiveness score is directly related to AdWords, not organic search. Google defines the metric as: “This column shows the number of advertisers worldwide bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google. The shaded bar represents a general low-to-high quantitative guide to help you determine how competitive ad placement is for a particular keyword.”"

http://searchengineland.com/google-tweaks-competition-rank-in-adwords-keyword-tool-98510