Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Key Word Planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there

I am new to AdWords and want to research some key words as I think about developing an advert but the site keeps directing me to AdWords Express which does not seem to allow me to access the tools section and Key Words Planner?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Colm.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Key Word Planner

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Colm,

You need access to an AdWords account to be able to access the Keyword Planner. You can try creating a dummy account on AdWords and gaining access to the tool.

Although, it has been speculated that you cannot access the tool through the AdWords account if there is no billing associated with it but I personally have never faced these issues as I have a lot of trainees doing this as part of their training exercise.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
 Hi Colm,
 You're doing nothing wrong, where you are just missing it is: for you to access Keyword planner, you need to create an Adwords account, with this you can access the keyword planner to do the keywords research or any research you want.

Hope this was helpful? kindly let us know if you need more help or you need a helping hand on the research.

Cheers
David

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shashank
Many thanks for your reply and I have read a few of the other posts that talk about billing info being needed. I am not sure what the problem is but I can't see the tools item or the "normal" menu of toolbars that I have seen in operation and that you see on your PC or your students see. Can't seem to resolve so will contact Apple.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Damilare - sorry but can't still get it working even when in full Adwords account.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colm

Have you been able to resolve it now? kindly get back to us.

David