AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Kewords only showing on mobile and not desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My keyword diagnosis shows kw only being displayed on mobile device with full browser, but I have a bid adj on devices of +290% for desktop and -100% for mobile and tablets.

Can anyone tell me how to set it to show on desktop only please?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

If you have a -100% bid adjustment for mobile traffic, it shouldn't be possible for your ads to appear on mobile devices.

Can you add a screenshot showing where you're seeing in keyword diagnosis that your ads are being displayed on mobile devices?

Thanks,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon

I made a mistake and jumped to a conclusion. It appears it may not be an issue with being shown on mobiles.

This is the error message Im getting why my ads are not showing:

• Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Your bid may be too low to be competitive, so consider raising your keyword's bid if your budget allows. What can I do?
  • This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings. What can I do?

What are the platform settings?

Theses keywords are new so the quality score has not been recorded yet.

Should I start a new thread based on this info?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As the system suggested: raise the bid on the desktop

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my default desktop bid at 290%.

My actual bid for keyword has been raised and now this is the error:

• our keyword has no recent impressions due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score.
  • Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one.
  • This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings. What can I do?

Regarding another creative being selected, there three keywords in this adgroup and this is the same message for all three