3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Kewords only showing on mobile and not desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My keyword diagnosis shows kw only being displayed on mobile device with full browser, but I have a bid adj on devices of +290% for desktop and -100% for mobile and tablets.

Can anyone tell me how to set it to show on desktop only please?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

If you have a -100% bid adjustment for mobile traffic, it shouldn't be possible for your ads to appear on mobile devices.

Can you add a screenshot showing where you're seeing in keyword diagnosis that your ads are being displayed on mobile devices?

Thanks,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jon

I made a mistake and jumped to a conclusion. It appears it may not be an issue with being shown on mobiles.

This is the error message Im getting why my ads are not showing:

• Your keyword isn't triggering ads to appear on Google right now due to a low Ad Rank. Your bid may be too low to be competitive, so consider raising your keyword's bid if your budget allows. What can I do?
  • This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings. What can I do?

What are the platform settings?

Theses keywords are new so the quality score has not been recorded yet.

Should I start a new thread based on this info?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As the system suggested: raise the bid on the desktop

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have my default desktop bid at 290%.

My actual bid for keyword has been raised and now this is the error:

• our keyword has no recent impressions due to a low Ad Rank. Ads are ranked based on your bid and Quality Score.
  • Another creative in the ad group was selected over this one.
  • This ad isn't being shown because of its platform targeting settings. What can I do?

Regarding another creative being selected, there three keywords in this adgroup and this is the same message for all three