AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

KEYWORDS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When searching for keyword ideas, I can only see country. Can I refine it to state? if so, how do I do it?

Also can the Google search for insight be seen in actual figures because I do not understand the graph.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Keywords Tool vs Insights for search

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello adekola;

The keywords tools and Google insights for search are two similar tools presenting the data in different dimensions ( or different metrics) .

On the insights for search, you can present the data by states. (Only USA states. You can't have data per state in Australia or in Germany - Germany and Australia are Federal countries!). On the Keywords tool data is shown only by country. But, those are not the same dimensions: while the data on the keywords tool is absolute, on the insights for search it is relative.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Re: KEYWORDS

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey adekola,

I believe you are restricted to countries when performing keyword research. You can hop over to Google.com and perform searches based on location in order to get an idea competition as well as 'related searches' to your search query.

Google Insights will provide comparative numbers (not actual). Below the graph, you will see two boxes, Regional Interest and Search Terms. These will give you idea of number of searches based by location (can dig into state stats per your first  question) as well as terms that are rising in popularity.

Thanks,

BI

Re: KEYWORDS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot BI. im having problems interpreting and understanding this data. Can you shed more light on it please.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Keywords Tool vs Insights for search

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello adekola;

The keywords tools and Google insights for search are two similar tools presenting the data in different dimensions ( or different metrics) .

On the insights for search, you can present the data by states. (Only USA states. You can't have data per state in Australia or in Germany - Germany and Australia are Federal countries!). On the Keywords tool data is shown only by country. But, those are not the same dimensions: while the data on the keywords tool is absolute, on the insights for search it is relative.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’