2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Just want to delete...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just want to delete my youtube and google accounts. I have read the instructions, but they have been completely unhelpful. Quite frankly I just want this done and since there is no way to get help from anybody. I'll give this a shot. I don't want forum crawlers (no offense). I would very much like to speak to somebody who actually works for google. The lack of information is frustrating.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: Just want to delete...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

William P,

I understand your frustration.

The instructions are pretty self explanatory.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

Here is an Image to help with the instructions below

delete.JPG

Delete or restore a Google Account

Deleting your Google Account will affect all products associated with that account. For example, if you use Gmail with your account, you'll no longer be able to access that email. You'll also be unable to reuse your Gmail username. Before deleting your account, review the data and products associated with your account on the Google Dashboard.

Delete a Google Account
  1. Sign in on the Google Accounts homepage. If you forgot your password, you can reset it.
  2. Click Data tools at the top.
  3. In the Data tools box, click Delete account and data. If you don't see this link near the bottom of the page, your account may have been created through an organization or company which requires different steps for deletion.
  4. Confirm your account deletion. To do so, you'll need to select these two options:
    • "Yes, I want to delete my account."
    • "Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transaction and I understand that under certain circumstances my earnings won't be paid out."

You can safely select the latter option if you haven't used any of Google's paid products, such as AdWords and Wallet, or if you have no pending financial transactions related to these products.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric Gehler (Badged Google Partner)
September 2015

Re: Just want to delete...

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

William P,

I understand your frustration.

The instructions are pretty self explanatory.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32046?hl=en

Here is an Image to help with the instructions below

delete.JPG

Delete or restore a Google Account

Deleting your Google Account will affect all products associated with that account. For example, if you use Gmail with your account, you'll no longer be able to access that email. You'll also be unable to reuse your Gmail username. Before deleting your account, review the data and products associated with your account on the Google Dashboard.

Delete a Google Account
  1. Sign in on the Google Accounts homepage. If you forgot your password, you can reset it.
  2. Click Data tools at the top.
  3. In the Data tools box, click Delete account and data. If you don't see this link near the bottom of the page, your account may have been created through an organization or company which requires different steps for deletion.
  4. Confirm your account deletion. To do so, you'll need to select these two options:
    • "Yes, I want to delete my account."
    • "Yes, I acknowledge that I am still responsible for any charges incurred due to any pending financial transaction and I understand that under certain circumstances my earnings won't be paid out."

You can safely select the latter option if you haven't used any of Google's paid products, such as AdWords and Wallet, or if you have no pending financial transactions related to these products.