AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

It's possible to exclude in "Adword location" the entire world except just one location?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to advertise on google Adword. I need to advertise my business in just one country. How I can easily exclude the rest of the world? Thanks for your future replies

Francesco

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CNC P
August 2016

Re: It's possible to exclude in "Adword location" the entire world except just one locatio

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Francesco,

That's a lot of campaigns. Smiley Happy

You can download AdWords Editor and make the changes in bulk there. I think that will be the fastest method.

Best,

John

View solution in original post

Re: It's possible to exclude in "Adword location" the entire world except just one locatio

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

Great question!

Simply target the country in which you want your ads to show, and set your location targeting options to "People in my targeted location".

Google will then only show your ads to people in your targeted country.

Here's more information: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Francesco,

John is right.

I would also suggest looking into your advanced location settings:
The recommended settings within your location settings are to target 'People in, or who show interest in my targeted location' this means your ad can appear to anyone who is likely to be physically located in your targeted location. Your ad can also appear to anyone who shows interest in your targeted location. This might not be a way you wish to target, which is why you can target by changing the settings to 'People who show interest in my targeted location' as this will then exclude users in other locations. You can also apply the same settings to exclude.

(To find this you will need to: go to your campaign settings within the location options (advanced) dropdown and change the target and exclude settings.)

This will depend on your business however and i would suggest reading more about advanced settings here; https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?expand=excl1&ctx=tltp&authuser=0

If you're unsure what traffic you're receiving by using the recommended settings you can find out by going to the dimensions tab, view: Geographic - this will show your Geographic data shows your customers' physical locations or locations that they had shown interest in through searches on Google or Google Maps. You can also compare this to view: User Location - this will show only your customers' physical locations, regardless of any locations they may be interested.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards, Grace

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
HI,

I'm not finding the option "People in my targeted location" in the advanced setting of my campaign, I just have add, exclude and remove option for the selected country. I'm talking about to modify an existing campaign.

Thank you for helping.

Francesco

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Francesco,

You are advised to drill down to the settings page of the appropriate campaign and find the Location options (advanced) feature on it. Next do what is shown to you on the snip below my sig.

Best,

Lakatos

Capture-aug 15.PNG

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Francesco,

Try this:

1. Click on the campaign name

2. Go to the Settings tab

3. Go to the All Settings tab

4. Four sections down the page you should see the name of the location you're targeting, and beneath it you should see a link called "Location options (advanced)."

5. Click on "Location options (advanced)" and you'll see where you can edit this advanced setting.

Does that help?

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Francesco,

No problem, that's strange.

You can follow this AdWords guide by going to this link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en
Scroll down to How to edit your advanced location options
Click down the dropdown which has a step by step guide

Any more issues let me know.

Kind Regards, Grace

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
[UPDATE]

Hi, I just find now the option you mentioned before but I noticed that it could be done not more for one campaign at the time. I have more than 9000 campaign to modify. It is possible to modify in a fast way all my campaign?

Hope you can help me.

Thank you for your time.

Francesco
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CNC P
August 2016

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Francesco,

That's a lot of campaigns. Smiley Happy

You can download AdWords Editor and make the changes in bulk there. I think that will be the fastest method.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you a lot

Francesco