AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Issues with Tracking AdWords in Google Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

'm sort of new to Google Analytics and still trying to get a hang of it all. I have a quick question. When I look under Acquisition (All Traffic Channels>Organic Search> Keywords), most of my keywords are "not provided". What could be the issue here?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you have auto tagging enabled, AdWords data will report as google / cpc in the all traffic, source/medium reports, and paid search in the channel reports.

Tom

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

For Organic keywords, this data was hidden long time ago when Google announced on their official blog that the keywords data will be hidden due to user's privacy. You can see the details here: https://googleblog.blogspot.in/2011/10/making-search-more-secure.html

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you have auto tagging enabled, AdWords data will report as google / cpc in the all traffic, source/medium reports, and paid search in the channel reports.

Tom

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Along with the great advice by Pankaj and Tom, you can learn much about the [orgainic] search terms used by visitors through the Google Webmasters/Search Console system. This should be linked to your website and your Analytics account for any property online today. It's a truly great asset in learning more about your website performance. This help file is full of information on it all.

Again, this is not AdWords keywods... but since you said you were learning, I would advise learning all about this, too. You can find keyword terms to target via the Search Console. 

All the Best,

James