AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is this a new Campanign sub-type selection ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Has anyone seen this type of campaign setup options ?

If yes, how are these choices different "visit your website" (second column) from "visit your business" (3rd column) ?

Remarketing new.png

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is this a new Campanign sub-type selection ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,

I have to admit I don't get it fully. I'm assuming that "Visit your website" would focus on traditional CPC ads whereas "Visit your business" might focus on location extensions instead, especially considering that the option above it is "Call your business" which would logically bring call extensions into play.

I'm interested in some clarification either way.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Scotty,

My best guess would be that "visit your business" could mean CPA bidding , since it is more about bidding for an action. Do you see this wizard in your accounts ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It could be CPA but I would have thought that would be included for the "Buy on your website" option also...

Yes, I went to create a remarketing campaign towards the end of this week and was presented with the same. Even that has confused me...

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Pls share external link. (A bug prevents from seeing the issue in question)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is weird, Scotty can see it, I can see it directly in the post, but sure , here is an external upload :

http://tinypic.com/r/a5g9pt/8

Thank you MosheTLV for taking a look into this.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
I, too, saw this earlier this week and confess I simply chose to select "No Marketing Objective" - but would also like some clarification as to how these others differ between them and how it affects the account structure... I am assuming that it will also depend more upon extensions and will require automatic bidding (something I'm never truly comfortable with until I have some manual benchmarks...)

Looking forward to some clarification....

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This is a new feature that was added last week. Another attempt by Google to simplify the broad selection of  targeting methods available  on the  display network

Copied from the speech bubble:

Choose from one of four marketing objectives.

• Build awareness amongst people who may not have heard of your brand before or whose perception you want to influence.
  • Influence consideration with people who are researching a product or service but haven’t yet made a purchasing decision.
  • Drive action or sales with people who want your product or service and are ready to become customers or subscribers.
  • Grow loyalty with past customers or subscribers who want to get more from you.

If you pick "no marketing objective", you'll get the full list of targeting methods on display.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes Sir Moshe but the info bubble still does not explain what selecting separate choices like "visit your business" means.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Adrian;

I played a little with that: it sees that depending on your pick, you get a  recommended / default targeting method. (You could add additional later)

For example, (if I recall)  with  "Drive action or sales"  - the recommended targeting method is keywords.