AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any way of finding the most searched keyword from a specific location ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any way of finding the most searched keyword from a specific location ?
As of now I have to enter some words in the " Your product or service " text box.
Here I can see the most searched in US region for the month of september 2016.
https://www.google.co.in/trends/topcharts#geo=US&date=201609

Similarly , can I find it out for targetted location.
e.g. Pune ( a city in India)

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mangi K
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Per stickleback, you can use the keyword planner to get keyword search volume for a country, region, or worldwide.  

Then, to estimate search volume for a more local region, you scale those numbers.  This is only an estimation technique and because things vary regionally, it will only get you "approximate numbers".  But usually it is "good enough" for this type of marketing calculation. 

Here's an example.  Suppose I'm designing a campaign for an automotive locksmith in Chicago.  I know that the search volume for "lost car key" is 100,000 queries per month in the United States (these are not real numbers, just a hypothetical example).  What is the likely search volume for the area I'm geo-targeting for this locksmith, who provides service over a 10-mile radius from downtown Chicago?

First I go to Wikipedia to get the estimated population (right hand column) of the City of Chicago, and the greater Chicago metro area.  Then I goto Google Maps and look over the area.  I make an educated guess and decide that his service area, that I have geo targeted contains about 3 million people.  The USA has a population of roughly 330 million people.  

So what is the search volume for "lost car key" in Chicago?  100,000 x (3/330) = 900 searches per month. 

hth!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Try using the keyword planner tool under the tools menu... here you can see the volume and competition levels for keywords by location.

Re: Is there any way of finding the most searched keyword from a specific location ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But can I see the most searched Keyword without entering the keyword in "our
product or service" text box

--
Regards,
Team Fitlogy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mangi K
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Per stickleback, you can use the keyword planner to get keyword search volume for a country, region, or worldwide.  

Then, to estimate search volume for a more local region, you scale those numbers.  This is only an estimation technique and because things vary regionally, it will only get you "approximate numbers".  But usually it is "good enough" for this type of marketing calculation. 

Here's an example.  Suppose I'm designing a campaign for an automotive locksmith in Chicago.  I know that the search volume for "lost car key" is 100,000 queries per month in the United States (these are not real numbers, just a hypothetical example).  What is the likely search volume for the area I'm geo-targeting for this locksmith, who provides service over a 10-mile radius from downtown Chicago?

First I go to Wikipedia to get the estimated population (right hand column) of the City of Chicago, and the greater Chicago metro area.  Then I goto Google Maps and look over the area.  I make an educated guess and decide that his service area, that I have geo targeted contains about 3 million people.  The USA has a population of roughly 330 million people.  

So what is the search volume for "lost car key" in Chicago?  100,000 x (3/330) = 900 searches per month. 

hth!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Mangi,

The data is by country only (not city/state). The most recent data for India is from 2015:

https://www.google.co.in/trends/topcharts#geo=IN&date=2015

You can change the country and year at the top of the page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Steve for the info.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the info.