2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there an "advanced" search exam?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My new company told me I need to become AdWords certified (already passed Fundamentals and Search Advertising) and that I also need to take the Advanced Search exam.

The problem is, I can't find an "advanced" search exam. Does this exist? Was this exam absorbed into the first? Am I nuts?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brittany J
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Brittany,

Both the basic and the advance(search) are covered in the Search Advertising exam.

Please find the list of all available Google AdWords Exams in this Google Partners Help file.

You need to pass 2 of the AdWords certification exams to become an AdWords certified professional — the AdWords Fundamentals exam and one of the following: Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising, or Shopping Advertising.

As you have passed 2 exams, you are already certified. Though you can learn and have expertise in other advertising platform going through their particular exams.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As far as I know there isn't an advanced search exam. The Fundamentals exam covers basic search advertising so perhaps they are referring to the Search Advertising Exam as 'advanced?'

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello Brittany J

As far as I know the "Advanced Search" exam is the same exam as the "search" exam it is the only one available at this time.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Brittany J
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Brittany,

Both the basic and the advance(search) are covered in the Search Advertising exam.

Please find the list of all available Google AdWords Exams in this Google Partners Help file.

You need to pass 2 of the AdWords certification exams to become an AdWords certified professional — the AdWords Fundamentals exam and one of the following: Search Advertising, Display Advertising, Mobile Advertising, Video Advertising, or Shopping Advertising.

As you have passed 2 exams, you are already certified. Though you can learn and have expertise in other advertising platform going through their particular exams.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Is there an "advanced" search exam?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Brittany J,

As set out in above posts, the 2 exams are the same. There is a Fundamentals exam and the rest of them is termed as advanced by Google. 

Notice the wording Google uses with reference to exams other than the Fundamentals exam. The word "advanced" comes up in each of them.

Capture-oct6.PNG

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I think Google changed the names of the exams not too long ago. That could be where the confusion is arising from. I believe there used to be a fundamentals and then the advanced. Now its just the fundamentals and then the search, as lakatos screenshotted for you.