AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to see what changes were made via AdWords editor ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is there a way to check if a change , in the change history was made via adwords editor instead of the online interface ?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to see what changes were made via AdWords editor ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,
Afraid not. It's user based, not application based.

I'd be interested to hear about a use case you'd have for this feature in the change history tool though.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I had a case where a couple of ad groups had bid adjustments for "mobile" , manual bid adjusments, and I think I may have made those adjustments by mistake through the editor, when trying to set bid adjusments for audiences , instead of the mobile segment, at the ad group level.

Since I can only remember wanting to set bid adjustments for audiences, I can't explain how I ended up with bid adjustments at the ad group level for mobiles.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

You can filter change history by Tools > AdWords Editor (among other choices like 'Web Client'). Not sure if that helps or not but figured I'd share.

ChangeHistoryFilters.jpg

http://www.tewtone.net/images/ChangeHistoryFilters.jpg

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Cool, this is what I needed. Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
**bleep**. Apologies Adrian. I didn't know that. Thanks Tommy.

You might also want to look into Flexible Bid Strategies that you have set up. I don't think they show in change history yet.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That is awesome, I did not know that at all and it seems like a really nifty bit of information that could help with accidental uploads via the editor and such.

Thank you Tommy, the information is much appreciated!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Wait, a mobile bid adjusment such as +50% at the ad group level can be set by a flexible strategy ?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Happy to help gentlemen! Smiley Happy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it seems I made an accidental upload through the Editor, it took me a while to understand why do I have such expensive mobile clicks since the campaign level mobile bid adjustment was minus 90%.

This proves that from time to time is is worth asking if there is a setting I don't know about  Smiley Happy

Tommy is the King of quick troubleshooting