AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to see what changes were made via AdWords editor ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Is there a way to check if a change , in the change history was made via adwords editor instead of the online interface ?

Thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to see what changes were made via AdWords editor ?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

You can filter change history by Tools > AdWords Editor (among other choices like 'Web Client'). Not sure if that helps or not but figured I'd share.

ChangeHistoryFilters.jpg

http://www.tewtone.net/images/ChangeHistoryFilters.jpg

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Adrian,
Afraid not. It's user based, not application based.

I'd be interested to hear about a use case you'd have for this feature in the change history tool though.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I had a case where a couple of ad groups had bid adjustments for "mobile" , manual bid adjusments, and I think I may have made those adjustments by mistake through the editor, when trying to set bid adjusments for audiences , instead of the mobile segment, at the ad group level.

Since I can only remember wanting to set bid adjustments for audiences, I can't explain how I ended up with bid adjustments at the ad group level for mobiles.

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Adrian,

You can filter change history by Tools > AdWords Editor (among other choices like 'Web Client'). Not sure if that helps or not but figured I'd share.

ChangeHistoryFilters.jpg

http://www.tewtone.net/images/ChangeHistoryFilters.jpg

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Cool, this is what I needed. Thank you.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
**bleep**. Apologies Adrian. I didn't know that. Thanks Tommy.

You might also want to look into Flexible Bid Strategies that you have set up. I don't think they show in change history yet.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
That is awesome, I did not know that at all and it seems like a really nifty bit of information that could help with accidental uploads via the editor and such.

Thank you Tommy, the information is much appreciated!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Wait, a mobile bid adjusment such as +50% at the ad group level can be set by a flexible strategy ?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Happy to help gentlemen! Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it seems I made an accidental upload through the Editor, it took me a while to understand why do I have such expensive mobile clicks since the campaign level mobile bid adjustment was minus 90%.

This proves that from time to time is is worth asking if there is a setting I don't know about  Smiley Happy

Tommy is the King of quick troubleshooting