AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to see all the changes/edits that were made to a campaign in a given time period?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to see if my search manage has been optimising my campaigns as regularly as he says. I want to see how often he has made changes to ads/keywords/targets etc - is it 50 chnages in a month or 5000 changes? Any help would be appreciated

2 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Catseye_Beach
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to see all the changes/edits that were made to a campaign in a given time period?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Catseye_Beach,

Welcome to the community..!

You can check your account change history to find every detail about changes. You need access to your Adwords account to check this.

Find more information in the below links.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/19888/?hl=en

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454137/?hl=en

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to see all the changes/edits that were made to a campaign in a given time period?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Catseye_Beach,

Welcome to the community.

Yes, you can get this data. You can find your change history under the tools and reporting tab along the top.

You are able to select different types of changes like ads, cpc's etc.

You can get more info about the change history here if you need it.

Please be aware: It's not only changes the person is making, it's changes based on data thats been analyzed (I would hope).

There are times I have spent several hours going through an account only to make very few changes that made big differences.

It's not the number of the changes that's important, it's the quality. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Catseye_Beach

Welcome to Adwords Community!

You can definitely monitor all the changes done in your account. Navigate to Tools and Analysis in the top main navigation bar next click on Change History, keep the desired date range and click on show details. You can see all the changes done during that time range. If multiple users are managing the account , to view changes done by specific user, select that particular user name in the Changed By field and run the report.

Happy monitoring your Search Manager!!!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Catseye_Beach, you've already had all the answers you'll need here but I will just underline purefuzz's comments about how managers work.  A lot of work on Adwords happens outside the Adwords account itself and not each month will be the same. In fact it could be argued that too many changes in too short a period is a bad thing.

It may seem like we're defending our profession, and perhaps we are, but I think it's important you consider carefully what the change history shows you and don't make rash judgements based purely upon how many changes are being made when "none at all this month" could be a perfectly valid answer.

I often like to think of my own professional charges as being something like breakdown cover.  You pay every month but you don't necessarily need the service every month.  When you do need it, it's quite likely the total value of the recovery (work) is much more than a single monthly payment.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Catseye_Beach,

Welcome to the community..!

You can check your account change history to find every detail about changes. You need access to your Adwords account to check this.

Find more information in the below links.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/19888/?hl=en

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454137/?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Jon_Gritton (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Catseye_Beach,

Welcome to the community.

Yes, you can get this data. You can find your change history under the tools and reporting tab along the top.

You are able to select different types of changes like ads, cpc's etc.

You can get more info about the change history here if you need it.

Please be aware: It's not only changes the person is making, it's changes based on data thats been analyzed (I would hope).

There are times I have spent several hours going through an account only to make very few changes that made big differences.

It's not the number of the changes that's important, it's the quality. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Catseye_Beach

Welcome to Adwords Community!

You can definitely monitor all the changes done in your account. Navigate to Tools and Analysis in the top main navigation bar next click on Change History, keep the desired date range and click on show details. You can see all the changes done during that time range. If multiple users are managing the account , to view changes done by specific user, select that particular user name in the Changed By field and run the report.

Happy monitoring your Search Manager!!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Catseye_Beach, you've already had all the answers you'll need here but I will just underline purefuzz's comments about how managers work.  A lot of work on Adwords happens outside the Adwords account itself and not each month will be the same. In fact it could be argued that too many changes in too short a period is a bad thing.

It may seem like we're defending our profession, and perhaps we are, but I think it's important you consider carefully what the change history shows you and don't make rash judgements based purely upon how many changes are being made when "none at all this month" could be a perfectly valid answer.

I often like to think of my own professional charges as being something like breakdown cover.  You pay every month but you don't necessarily need the service every month.  When you do need it, it's quite likely the total value of the recovery (work) is much more than a single monthly payment.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for taking the time to reply Info & Sanjana - much appreciated

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for taking the time to reply Purefuzz & Cobnut- much appreciated - and I agree with your comments on the quality of changes rather than quantity