AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to predict the success of keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There!

I am just beginning with AdWords. I previously worked in fundraising and watched a webinar that mentioned that Google AdWords had a tool that predicted the success of a keyword. Is this tool available? If so, where?

Thanks for your help!

Bethany

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to predict the success of keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Scott;

Adwords is a statistical system, thus, it does not predict, but rather provide you with data or an estimate (based on statistical  analysis of this data.)

This is also known as a statistical  model (which always includes    a statistical error),  compared to  a mathematical or physical modeling, which could "predict"  future behavior.

Now, once this difference is clear, the tool you are referring, provides you historical data and some estimates based on a  statistical analysis of keywords past performances. - This tool is known as the keyword planner

Read more on how to use the tool,  in this link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Is there a way to predict the success of keywords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Bethany,

please remember too that in the past - in the dark days before the internet - marketing companiesused to spend moeny - sometimes thousands - on market research and focus groups to test the effectiveness of their marketing messages.

Now - online - we tend to spend that money in live campaigns - running the testing on the fly. does this mean we are wasting money? No - it simply means that there is no better testing environment than the live environment when it comes to online marketing - and the spend can be a lot less than might have been spent - with no real results at all - in traditional testing grounds.