AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to predict the success of keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There!

I am just beginning with AdWords. I previously worked in fundraising and watched a webinar that mentioned that Google AdWords had a tool that predicted the success of a keyword. Is this tool available? If so, where?

Thanks for your help!

Bethany

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to predict the success of keywords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Scott;

Adwords is a statistical system, thus, it does not predict, but rather provide you with data or an estimate (based on statistical  analysis of this data.)

This is also known as a statistical  model (which always includes    a statistical error),  compared to  a mathematical or physical modeling, which could "predict"  future behavior.

Now, once this difference is clear, the tool you are referring, provides you historical data and some estimates based on a  statistical analysis of keywords past performances. - This tool is known as the keyword planner

Read more on how to use the tool,  in this link;

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2999770?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Is there a way to predict the success of keywords?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Bethany,

please remember too that in the past - in the dark days before the internet - marketing companiesused to spend moeny - sometimes thousands - on market research and focus groups to test the effectiveness of their marketing messages.

Now - online - we tend to spend that money in live campaigns - running the testing on the fly. does this mean we are wasting money? No - it simply means that there is no better testing environment than the live environment when it comes to online marketing - and the spend can be a lot less than might have been spent - with no real results at all - in traditional testing grounds.