AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to know when the Strategy Bid Type was changed?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, I was trying to look in the Change History when a campaign was changed from Max CPA to Target CPA.

But I'm not being able to find it.

The account manager says he will have more work because Google automatically changed Max CPA to Target CPA, but I would like to know when this happened, since I don't see any change.

Thanks!  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to know when the Strategy Bid Type was changed?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Daniela,

That doesn't sound plausible (IMHO), the account doesn't automatically change like that. I would contact google support because they can look into your account ( we can't) and give your more account specific details

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Eric, thanks for your answer. I'll try to contact google support.
But I have read that since last year:

"In January 2014, we'll be removing the ability to activate Max CPA bidding in a campaign that uses Conversion Optimizer. And starting in late Q1 2014, we'll begin automatically switching campaigns still using Max CPA over to Target CPA bidding." 

Source: https://plus.google.com/+GoogleAds/posts/UAUTBCVVaez

So could this be true? And if this happened, where to see the exact day it changed. 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Support would have the answer...

Good find on the article, and yes that is an official Adwords Release information source.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Daniela P,

Is the campaign using the Conversion Optimizer? That appears to be the only case when Google will switch a campaign from Max CPA to Target CPA. If that's the case, the change probably happen in early 2014.

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, it was set to Conversion Optimizer and using CPA MAX.
But it seems it did happen in Oct 2015. If not I wouldn't be bale to see this in the Change History.

CPA target.png

How did it went from 500 to 300 with no log of the change in between.
Also it seems that it changed all the denomination of the past logs, when we were using Max CPA now it shows Target CPA (if I see history in the past year).

My Cost per Conversion went up and my Conversion rate down after this change. Do you have any idea on how to achieve previous results with Target CPA?

Thanks!