2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to delete saved views?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Is it possible to remove saved custom views From Adwords Editor?
I did search a lot of how to remove it, but I could not find it.

I found this answer
http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Is-there-a-way-to-delete-saved-views/m-p/46...
But I do not see this, or I do not understand the answer.

The answer in that post is:
You can go to where the view was created and then click on filter. When it drops down you should be able to delete any saved custom views.

When I go tho where the view was created I see this :

custom view adwords editor2.jpg

How to delete it?

** I´am learning Adwords and find it very interesting.
** Ik ben Adwords aan het leren en vind het erg boeiend.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elja G
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to delete saved views?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

When you create Custom view no 9 the system asks you to delete the first custom view to make room for your new custom view like this :

delete-custom-view.png

The way you can reuse them is to click on a custom view and change it's filtering rules and keep names for custom rules with just numbers 1 to 8, this way you don't get confused because you cannot change the name of the rule after creation.

The trick to build custom rule no9 is to create a filter , mark all the elements with a comment like "keywords with no impression" and then select from the view menu just "Items with comments"

items-with-comments.png

The adwords editor can do a lot of time saving stuff but this one simple thing to delete views or expand the list beyond the limit of 8 , it was not yet programmed to do.

You can look at this thread to see what improvements they have made in the new versions and maybe in version 11.0 they will also add this feature if it is requested by many users with good examples of why it is necessary to be implemented.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-editor-forum

Another very funny thing with the Adwords editor is that the option "Account / Get full account" doesn't download the statistics also. You have to go to "Data / Statistics / Whole account ( slower) / All time" to get the full statistics near your keywords to take decisions based on CTR . It is like a car fueling station that says "your car reservoir is full" but it is actually half-way empty.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30538?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Elja G
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

When you create Custom view no 9 the system asks you to delete the first custom view to make room for your new custom view like this :

delete-custom-view.png

The way you can reuse them is to click on a custom view and change it's filtering rules and keep names for custom rules with just numbers 1 to 8, this way you don't get confused because you cannot change the name of the rule after creation.

The trick to build custom rule no9 is to create a filter , mark all the elements with a comment like "keywords with no impression" and then select from the view menu just "Items with comments"

items-with-comments.png

The adwords editor can do a lot of time saving stuff but this one simple thing to delete views or expand the list beyond the limit of 8 , it was not yet programmed to do.

You can look at this thread to see what improvements they have made in the new versions and maybe in version 11.0 they will also add this feature if it is requested by many users with good examples of why it is necessary to be implemented.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/adwords-editor-forum

Another very funny thing with the Adwords editor is that the option "Account / Get full account" doesn't download the statistics also. You have to go to "Data / Statistics / Whole account ( slower) / All time" to get the full statistics near your keywords to take decisions based on CTR . It is like a car fueling station that says "your car reservoir is full" but it is actually half-way empty.

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30538?hl=en

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you very much Adrian B, for this great answer.

I do not have 8 custom views at this moment (just 2).
And I was afraid to make more, because I did not know how to remove them.

It took me a while to understand what you are doing with your command field trick.
I now understand it is a trick if you need 9 filters to work with.

Also I did find the download statistics options.

It is almost a study you wrote here.Smiley Very Happy

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Before you asked the question, I didn't even know what a custom view is, there are only a few operations I perform with the adwords editor, mainly backup and duplicate keywords finding.

And because you made me play with the adwords editor I discovered another possible bug, and I posted it here ( if it is not a bug, it would be a great way to save money ) :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Improve-results/Asign-Negative-audience-in-search-campaigns-...

Here is the statistics download sequence :

adw-editor-download-statistics.png

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

For the advanced search it is important to understand how operators "and" - "or" work.
It is not that obvious (at least it was for me)
Words in the field user Or-operator
Words in different fields use And-operator

and-or-adwords editor.png

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this post. I came across the same problem and do not have an answer either. I don't know what is more difficult to believe - that this problem exists at all or that countless others haven't come across it as well and posted similar questions.

Either way, to create over 8 or 9 views just to have the new ones replace the old ones is not a solution but an additional (and shameful) lacking by the creators of the Adwords editor. Hardly suited to 21st century software.

It's not just about deletion. I wanted to rename an existing view and guess what? - no rename option either! Failing the rename, I then moved on to try and delete, and that's where I picked up your post.