AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a simple way to add a chosen search term keyword to my campaign and mark it exact?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My understanding is that I should review the Search Terms daily and add any phrases that got a conversion to my adwords account as an exact match... is there a simple way to add them to my account while setting them to exact match in the process... Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas C
June 2016

Re: Is there a simple way to add a chosen search term keyword to my campaign and mark it exact?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Thomas,

If you are doing the Search query analysis from the interface, you can select the queries that you may want to add to the campaign/adgroup and then click on the add button. This will give you the list of queries with the corresponding campaign and adgroup you are adding it to and you can just edit the query and the matchtype before adding it to your targeting.

Although, this could be easier, it may become a bit tiresome when you want to add queries to different campaigns or adgroups. I would suggest that you pull the report in an excel and then go through the list (after you have sorted the performance by Conv. or CPA or Impr. or any other KPI) and then pick and choose the queries you want to add to a campaign/adgroup, pull them in a different tab/sheet in excel and then once you have the list ready, change/add the matchtype you want them to be targeted in and then upload them using the Editor or the bulk upload feature on the interface.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Re: Is there a simple way to add a chosen search term keyword to my campaign and mark it exact?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Thomas,

If you're manually typing in keywords for an ad group (in bulk, for example) you can use [ and ] to make them exact match. You can also select all the keywords, click edit > change match type and do it after you've added them.

Personally I have ad groups for different match types, so I just say "Show me every ad group that contains Exact", then select all the keywords and make sure those are exact.

Ali
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Thomas C
June 2016

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hey Thomas,

If you are doing the Search query analysis from the interface, you can select the queries that you may want to add to the campaign/adgroup and then click on the add button. This will give you the list of queries with the corresponding campaign and adgroup you are adding it to and you can just edit the query and the matchtype before adding it to your targeting.

Although, this could be easier, it may become a bit tiresome when you want to add queries to different campaigns or adgroups. I would suggest that you pull the report in an excel and then go through the list (after you have sorted the performance by Conv. or CPA or Impr. or any other KPI) and then pick and choose the queries you want to add to a campaign/adgroup, pull them in a different tab/sheet in excel and then once you have the list ready, change/add the matchtype you want them to be targeted in and then upload them using the Editor or the bulk upload feature on the interface.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"