AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a potential on One Page Website?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Community,

We are about to launch our AdWords Campaign for small advertisers.

Our company is creating one page website only, since they do not have a website.

I am concern that this may greatly impact the quality score, since there is only one landing page for all ad groups. 

Your thoughts are most appreciated.

More Power,

Loraine Quiaoit

More Power,
Loraine
1 Expert replyverified_user
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author LoraineQuiaoit
September 2015

Re: Is there a potential on One Page Website?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to set your expectations, the auction in google.com.ph is not as competitive as with our neighbor countries like Singapore, Malaysia & Vietnam.

Here's the example of our sites:

Website 1

Website 2

Website 3

My biggest fear is to lose on organic listings because majority of the sites ranked on first page have prominent content.

Please share your recommendation.

Thank You.

More Power,
Loraine

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Loraine,

All the webpages you referred to seem to be sitting on the same domain name which is as follows: 

http://bizshowcase.eyp.ph

You seem to be about to lend such pages to businesses. My understanding is that these webpages (that you prefer calling 'websites') will make up a real website that is associated with one domain name. While it's economy on domain name registration it may lead to various disadvantages. Even though I don't think it's documented I have good reasons to believe that Google not only looks at the Landing Page of the ad but also at various other pages of the website even if they are not linked. (Perhaps not at the initial AdBot visit.) When your ad is relevant to oral surgery it will not be to pools and diesel injection etc etc which finally will boil down to a scenario where none of your ads is found relevant by Google and you need to pay extra $ for each and every click. 

There is another issue in that only one ad will be displayed at a time for your domain name. Hence you may not use the same keyword for multiple clients of yours which will restrict your business to one client per industry. One dentist, one restaurant, and only one cleaning company etc. etc. 

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Your last statement Sir Lakatos caught my attention & this is something I was not able to figure out upfront.

[There is another issue in that only one ad will be displayed at a time for your domain name. Hence you may not use the same keyword for multiple clients of yours which will restrict your business to one client per industry. One dentist, one restaurant, and only one cleaning company etc. etc.

This will create a real conflict, since we have multiple clients per industry (We are yellow pages directory).

Thank You Sir, If I had not asked in here, it would be too late to cascade this to our team.

More Power,
Loraine

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your insights:

Also I found out in Analytics that:

If you have only one page on your site, Google Analytics doesn't register multiple pageviews unless visitors reload that page. As a result, single-page sites tend to have high bounce rates.

More Power,
Loraine

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Loraine :-)

If all the adverts / keywords are relevant to the landing page then I don't see why it would affect the quality score, I've seen one page sites ranking well.

One option might be to replicate that page a few times, re-word the content so that it's not duplicate and give each one a relevant URL. That would make each landing page much more relevant to each ad group without having to put too much effort in.

Not great for SEO, but might help your AdWord's rankings

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
"Not great for SEO, but might help your AdWord's rankings"

By that I mean having lots of very similar pages on your website that having very similar content and don't link to each other

In essence you would still have a "one page website" because a visitor would only ever view one page (as long as you don't link them) you'll have just replicated that page a few times to tweak it for each ad group :-)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I would not recommend a single page site of any sort for Adwords. At a minimum you need to have say 5 pages, even if they are just About Us / Contact / Privacy.

Even with many pages, make sure your landing page is not one of those 30 screens high, testimonials / highlighted words / sales pitch video / $3000 of product for $29 pages that some internet marketers love to use. Google is hating them regardless of actual product or content.

Basically, it no longer matters what your site/product really is - if it resembles sites that typically get low QS, expect to get a low QS as well. That applies to look, and also keywords (like cash and debt and free).

All the best for your business.

Paras J

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to set your expectations, the auction in google.com.ph is not as competitive as with our neighbor countries like Singapore, Malaysia & Vietnam.

Here's the example of our sites:

Website 1

Website 2

Website 3

My biggest fear is to lose on organic listings because majority of the sites ranked on first page have prominent content.

Please share your recommendation.

Thank You.

More Power,
Loraine
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Loraine,

All the webpages you referred to seem to be sitting on the same domain name which is as follows: 

http://bizshowcase.eyp.ph

You seem to be about to lend such pages to businesses. My understanding is that these webpages (that you prefer calling 'websites') will make up a real website that is associated with one domain name. While it's economy on domain name registration it may lead to various disadvantages. Even though I don't think it's documented I have good reasons to believe that Google not only looks at the Landing Page of the ad but also at various other pages of the website even if they are not linked. (Perhaps not at the initial AdBot visit.) When your ad is relevant to oral surgery it will not be to pools and diesel injection etc etc which finally will boil down to a scenario where none of your ads is found relevant by Google and you need to pay extra $ for each and every click. 

There is another issue in that only one ad will be displayed at a time for your domain name. Hence you may not use the same keyword for multiple clients of yours which will restrict your business to one client per industry. One dentist, one restaurant, and only one cleaning company etc. etc. 

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Your last statement Sir Lakatos caught my attention & this is something I was not able to figure out upfront.

[There is another issue in that only one ad will be displayed at a time for your domain name. Hence you may not use the same keyword for multiple clients of yours which will restrict your business to one client per industry. One dentist, one restaurant, and only one cleaning company etc. etc.

This will create a real conflict, since we have multiple clients per industry (We are yellow pages directory).

Thank You Sir, If I had not asked in here, it would be too late to cascade this to our team.

More Power,
Loraine

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Loraine,

I just assumed you wish to advertise clients separately. However, if it is going to be something like YP, you may want to create category pages like "117 Restaurants in our DB" with links provided to each particular business within the category. Under such a scenario you are free to bid on category related keywords and link the ad copy to the category page proper, rather than to individual businesses within the category. You should not be concerned about the links on category pages because they are inbound links that will not violate the bridge page policy.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your insights:

Also I found out in Analytics that:

If you have only one page on your site, Google Analytics doesn't register multiple pageviews unless visitors reload that page. As a result, single-page sites tend to have high bounce rates.

More Power,
Loraine