AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is the last visited page the one that re-marketing targets?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the remarketing feature in several pages of my website.
So if a visitor went from page 1, to page 15, then to page 3 and exit the website, will the remarketing target him at page 3 ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikolaides N
September 2015

Re: Is the last visited page the one that re-marketing targets?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Nikolaides,

It all depends upon how you are creating the lists, what rules and conditions you set up and where you place your remarketing tags/

Simplified version: Which ever pages have the tags, the cookies drop for those pages.

I think you should read this help article to get a better understanding of who you can create you remarketing lists and segregate the visitors via rules and conditions

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Simplified, version:
On which ever pages your remarketing tags are located, a cookie will be placing the in users browser. You can create rules to separate lists based on conditions if visited X but not Y, if visited X and Y etc. You can create campaigns or ad groups to remarket to different lists

Common uses are:
Added to cart, but didn't check out.
Went to contact page, but didn't submit form
etc.

Read the help desk article above, it will give you examples and be very helpful in your decision making process at what is the best way to go in your case.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nikolaides N
September 2015

Re: Is the last visited page the one that re-marketing targets?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Nikolaides,

It all depends upon how you are creating the lists, what rules and conditions you set up and where you place your remarketing tags/

Simplified version: Which ever pages have the tags, the cookies drop for those pages.

I think you should read this help article to get a better understanding of who you can create you remarketing lists and segregate the visitors via rules and conditions

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

Simplified, version:
On which ever pages your remarketing tags are located, a cookie will be placing the in users browser. You can create rules to separate lists based on conditions if visited X but not Y, if visited X and Y etc. You can create campaigns or ad groups to remarket to different lists

Common uses are:
Added to cart, but didn't check out.
Went to contact page, but didn't submit form
etc.

Read the help desk article above, it will give you examples and be very helpful in your decision making process at what is the best way to go in your case.