AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it recommended or not to advertise a 'coming soon' website ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got another SEO related question for y'all ..

I have a shopping store website currently in the 'coming soon' state, and I currently have a 'Coming Soon' which you can see here: www (dot) blu-rays (dot) pk

Would it be a good move to start advertising the website right now, nearly 2-3 months before launch ?

I mean people might see my website's ads in Google Search Results, but when they actually go the website, they only see a Coming Soon page. Would that put them off, or fire them up ? Smiley Tongue

Hope you got my question Smiley Happy

By the way, in case someone wishes to know where I got this theme from: http://themeforest.net/item/minimal-coming-soon/233228 Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it recommended or not to advertise a 'coming soon' website ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You only wanted a backlink from this forum didn't you ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nice point, but no, honestly. I only posted it here because posting a picture didn't work for me last time. The picture appeared all mashed up. Besides, its easier to just click a link and see the live thing rather than having to post pictures, etc.

I can remove the link, but then you won't get the idea of the page I'm talking about.

EDIT: Seeing as my response still might seem unbelievable, I've edited my original post to mention the URL in a different way ..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ahmad, and welcome to the Community.  I've no issue with you posting your URL here - I wish more posters would do it, it'd make our lives a lot easier trying to work out their problems.

As it happens, Google's policies don't permit the advertising of a site that's not fully functional so even if it seems like a good idea, you wouldn't be permitted to advertise the site until it was completely up and running.

Destination URL policy (look at the information under "Link to a Functional Site") - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en&ref_topic=1310863#

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits