AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it recommended or not to advertise a 'coming soon' website ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Got another SEO related question for y'all ..

I have a shopping store website currently in the 'coming soon' state, and I currently have a 'Coming Soon' which you can see here: www (dot) blu-rays (dot) pk

Would it be a good move to start advertising the website right now, nearly 2-3 months before launch ?

I mean people might see my website's ads in Google Search Results, but when they actually go the website, they only see a Coming Soon page. Would that put them off, or fire them up ? Smiley Tongue

Hope you got my question Smiley Happy

By the way, in case someone wishes to know where I got this theme from: http://themeforest.net/item/minimal-coming-soon/233228 Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it recommended or not to advertise a 'coming soon' website ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

You only wanted a backlink from this forum didn't you ?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nice point, but no, honestly. I only posted it here because posting a picture didn't work for me last time. The picture appeared all mashed up. Besides, its easier to just click a link and see the live thing rather than having to post pictures, etc.

I can remove the link, but then you won't get the idea of the page I'm talking about.

EDIT: Seeing as my response still might seem unbelievable, I've edited my original post to mention the URL in a different way ..

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Ahmad, and welcome to the Community.  I've no issue with you posting your URL here - I wish more posters would do it, it'd make our lives a lot easier trying to work out their problems.

As it happens, Google's policies don't permit the advertising of a site that's not fully functional so even if it seems like a good idea, you wouldn't be permitted to advertise the site until it was completely up and running.

Destination URL policy (look at the information under "Link to a Functional Site") - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1310892?hl=en&ref_topic=1310863#

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits