AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to target interest AND placement in GDN?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Suppose I want to look for golfers who expressed interest in a trip to some foreign country on GDN (without retargeting).

I thought if I could place my banner ad on a travel site about that country.. that would be sufficient but I can't quite tap into golfers.

Is there a way to target both interest AND placement on gdn?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author taewoo
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to target interest AND placement in GDN?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Taewoo,

As Rakesh has rightly said, it is very much possible to target both an interest (affinity or In market audience now) in combination to a placement in our GDN campaigns.

When you do this, make sure you do the overlapping of audiences and placements well. First thing first, as rakesh said, set your targeting to Target and Bid. This will allow you to target your audiences who happen to be present or visit the placements you choose to target. Bear in mind, your audience pool can get limited here as you are layering the targeting here. Although, layering does have its up sides too, it can help you reach out to the most relevant set of audience for your themes.

Step 1:

Go to an adgroup in your Display Campaign, Click on '+Targeting', select 'placements' from the 'Add targeting' drop down and add your desired placements as Managed Placements.

Step 2:

Once your done with adding placements, again go to the 'Add Targeting' drop down, select 'Interests' as the targeting and then in the dialogue box add all the Interest that you wish to target.

This should ideally set your campaigns to target all users interested in your targeted interests who land on the targeted placements.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi,

Yes you can target both Interest AND Placement in same AdGroup, and select the Target and Bid only bids method, so that your ads can show when both Targeting setting matches.

Please read more Target and bid setting here:-
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Start-Investing-in-Display-Network-with-These-...
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author taewoo
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Taewoo,

As Rakesh has rightly said, it is very much possible to target both an interest (affinity or In market audience now) in combination to a placement in our GDN campaigns.

When you do this, make sure you do the overlapping of audiences and placements well. First thing first, as rakesh said, set your targeting to Target and Bid. This will allow you to target your audiences who happen to be present or visit the placements you choose to target. Bear in mind, your audience pool can get limited here as you are layering the targeting here. Although, layering does have its up sides too, it can help you reach out to the most relevant set of audience for your themes.

Step 1:

Go to an adgroup in your Display Campaign, Click on '+Targeting', select 'placements' from the 'Add targeting' drop down and add your desired placements as Managed Placements.

Step 2:

Once your done with adding placements, again go to the 'Add Targeting' drop down, select 'Interests' as the targeting and then in the dialogue box add all the Interest that you wish to target.

This should ideally set your campaigns to target all users interested in your targeted interests who land on the targeted placements.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"