AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to move search terms to a new adgroup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the keyword tab I can click "details" and "search terms", from where I create negatives and exact matches. The process of creating positives is hard enough as match types have to be typed into a tiny field, and moving to a new ad group doesn't seem to be possible at all. So I was hoping to use adwords editor instead. I don't know if it has a way of moving keywords?

If it does, I want to be able to do find the detailed search terms as I describe above and then move them to an adgroup. Doesn't adwords editor have the details of search terms that the website has?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to move search terms to a new adgroup?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You cannot run search term report directly in Editor. However, you can run it in the online interface, download results as a CSV file, then import this CSV file into Editor.

Once you have your keywords in Editor, you can copy/paste them between ad groups, or edit them in bulk (e.g. change match type on all keywords at once). When you are satisfied with the changes you made, post them live to your account.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
You cannot run search term report directly in Editor. However, you can run it in the online interface, download results as a CSV file, then import this CSV file into Editor.

Once you have your keywords in Editor, you can copy/paste them between ad groups, or edit them in bulk (e.g. change match type on all keywords at once). When you are satisfied with the changes you made, post them live to your account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, I'll give that a go.