AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to do remarketing only to particular source of visit?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm new to online marketing. I still have a question on whether is it possible to target (remarketing) only those visits from organic, direct, PPC or some other source particularly?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to do remarketing only to particular source of visi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hisham, it's certainly possible to do this in Analytics, though I can't think why you'd want to really.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Is it possible to do remarketing only to particular source of visi

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
@Jon_Gritton is right - this can be done in Analytics... and, although there is a strong argument not to do this as he suggests, I can think of a few scenarios where you might want to segment... for example, if you have run a prmotion, say, on facebook and you want to follow up to these visitors with a specific message, bot h in the ad and the landing page.

I can also see the point in excluding direct visitors, especially if you have a good loyal following - you certainly don't want to encourage them to click on an ad you have to pay for if they were going to come to the site from their bookmarks!

But take Jon's advice and think carefully about whether this is really necessary. It starts to get very complicated very quickly if you're not careful.