AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to delete ad group sitelinks extension?

N/A
# 1
N/A

I have too many sitelinks (by adgroup) and I would like to delete some. I know we can edit them but delete?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to delete ad group sitelinks extension?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sure;

just leave empty;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

Yes, you can remove the site link extensions for ad groups/campaigns.

For enhanced campaigns you can remove extension as shown below.

edit_extension.jpg

You can click on arrow button to remove it.

In case you want to completely disable those for an ad group/campaign, there is an option "Disable sitelink extensions" in drop down menu above.

SJ

N/A
# 4
N/A

Capture.JPG

See image. How can I delete some. Because I add new sitelinks and I would like to delete the older ones. Ones that I not used. Can I ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There doesn't seem to be a a way in the web editor at the moment. Currently, the best option I have found is to completely over-ride the sitelinks with a new one, but you do have to check all other campaigns or ad groups to ensure it does not get applied incorrectly.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
To delete a campaign level or ad group level extension:

Choose the campaign or ad group that has the extension you'd like to delete.
Click the Ad extensions tab.
On the View drop-down menu, choose the type of extension you'd like to delete.
Go to the [Extension] settings section and click the plusbox to expand the section.
You'll see all the extensions in this campaign or ad group. Scroll to the campaign level or ad group level extensions, hover your cursor over the set of extensions that contains the one you'd like to delete, and click the pencil icon that appears in the upper corner.
Under the Selected [extension] heading, click the arrow next to each extension you'd like to remove from the campaign or ad group. If you're removing the extension from a campaign, this will remove the extension for all ad groups under the campaign as well.
Click Save when you're done.
To delete all extensions of one type from a campaign or ad group:

Choose the campaign or ad group that has the extension you'd like to delete.
Click the Ad extensions tab.
On the View drop-down menu, choose the type of extension you'd like to delete.
Go to the [Extension] settings section and click the plusbox to expand the section.
You'll see all the extensions in this campaign or ad group. Scroll to the campaign level or ad group level extensions that you'd like to delete, and click the checkbox next to them.
Click Delete.

Details at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2954783?hl=en