AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to advertise with 1 cent CPC ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Am wondering if its possible to advertise with 1cent cpc and get good traffic. If its possible for search engine or display network

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to advertise with 1 cent CPC ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Henry,

These days it's very rare to see a CPC of 1 cent and if you did achieve that it would likely be for a poor ad position (on the search network). It's worth bearing in mind that the quality of potential traffic is essentially the same on the search network regardless of your ad position; this is different on the display network however as placements vary and therefore attract different types of traffic.

If you create a dummy campaign (while keeping it paused) then you'll get estimated costs and an idea of what's possible. Or alternatively use the keyword planner and display planner to get some broader estimates.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Henry,

These days it's very rare to see a CPC of 1 cent and if you did achieve that it would likely be for a poor ad position (on the search network). It's worth bearing in mind that the quality of potential traffic is essentially the same on the search network regardless of your ad position; this is different on the display network however as placements vary and therefore attract different types of traffic.

If you create a dummy campaign (while keeping it paused) then you'll get estimated costs and an idea of what's possible. Or alternatively use the keyword planner and display planner to get some broader estimates.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
okay that is what I see but someone told me there is technique that gets good traffic in adwords with 1 cent so I was wondering if its fact or fiction