AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it ok to bid for keywords with no CPC shown in keyword planner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently planning to advertise my site with adwords and since i am targeting Indonesia, a lot of keywords don't have CPC value shown on keyword planner but they have search volume.

The competition of those keywords with no CPC value also show low competition.

BUT

When i add them to traffic estimator (only keywords with no CPC). The estimator doesn't return any traffic estimate.

I assume this happens because no advertiser has ever compete with those particular keywords yet, so google can't predict how much traffic will i get if i bid for those keywords.

Has anyone tried bidding for no CPC value keywords? Any results?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muhammad I
September 2015

Re: Is it ok to bid for keywords with no CPC shown in keyword planner?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Muhammad,

I do it all the time and rarely look at the CPC's from keyword planner or traffic estimator, and go with my own ROI based models and adjust based on Quality Score, Ad Rank, etc.

The best indicator of what you will have to bid and pay is based on the actual Target area, your keyword matching options, your landing page, your Ad Copy, the CTR's Quality scores, and Ad Rank/ Av Position. Along with your available Ad extensions that come into play as part of Ad Rank.

Therefore those are usually just bad guesses from the keyword planner.

Now there may be terms that Adwords just doesn't show and ad for, and we have seen that as well, regardless of Bid, QS or Ad ranks. and this may be what you are seeing. But without seeing the exact same data you are, hard to tell. Also with geo targeting terms, Adwords doesn't always have all that Data either, because the sample size is to small.

My suggestion to you is to do a small test and see what works best for your model, and then adjust and implement more campaigns, or ad groups etc.

Always smart to start slowly to make sure you understand the variables and how everything works together and are profitable and build up then make some giant campaigns in which you have to make wholesale changes.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Muhammad I
September 2015

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Muhammad,

I do it all the time and rarely look at the CPC's from keyword planner or traffic estimator, and go with my own ROI based models and adjust based on Quality Score, Ad Rank, etc.

The best indicator of what you will have to bid and pay is based on the actual Target area, your keyword matching options, your landing page, your Ad Copy, the CTR's Quality scores, and Ad Rank/ Av Position. Along with your available Ad extensions that come into play as part of Ad Rank.

Therefore those are usually just bad guesses from the keyword planner.

Now there may be terms that Adwords just doesn't show and ad for, and we have seen that as well, regardless of Bid, QS or Ad ranks. and this may be what you are seeing. But without seeing the exact same data you are, hard to tell. Also with geo targeting terms, Adwords doesn't always have all that Data either, because the sample size is to small.

My suggestion to you is to do a small test and see what works best for your model, and then adjust and implement more campaigns, or ad groups etc.

Always smart to start slowly to make sure you understand the variables and how everything works together and are profitable and build up then make some giant campaigns in which you have to make wholesale changes.

Good Luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Eric.

I really love your suggestion about doing a small test to see what works.

I'll probably run the test next week and hopefully can share the result.

Once again, Thank You.