AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it ok that my CPC is higher than my daily budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If yes, what would happen, would I only get 1 click per day or nothing at all?

Or should I reduce my CPC by reducing the keywords that I entered?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

No;

You would agree that setting a CPC higher than the daily budget will result in almost no impressions. The ad might be shown only in auctions in which the system calculations suggest  that the CPC might  meet the budget. Practically, hardly no impressions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey!

If you have one keyword, exact match, and your bid is higher than your daily budget then no you won't get impressions. If however you have some broad matches, then you could get clicks but not for a "good" term - likely something very loosely related to your term.

I'd recommend using a small number of exact matches, modest CPC bids and a higher daily budget to get yourself some traffic!

Ali

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Apart from the answer to your query by Moshe, do you think that getting 1-2 clicks anyhow will be of any use?

Or do you expect any conversion for 1 or 2 clicks only, it will only waste your money.

I would recommend you to research other keywords, related to your services/products having lower CPC.

If you have a low monthly budget and you can not go beyond that then instead of dividing the budget on daily basis, use 2/3 days budget as 1 day budget.

Though, your campaign will not run for the entire month after increasing the daily budget but you can expect daily conversions at least which is the ultimate goal.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really like your responses. I've learned a lot. But why do all my keywords have the same amount of CPC even though they're different keywords?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi @Red V,

The estimated CPC bids suggested by the Keyword Planner tool is an estimation for exact match keywords. If you will use those keywords in other keywords match types, you will have lower CPC bids in the real time.

Note: The bids also very for different ad positions on the SERP.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Red V,

My experience is if your bid is higher than your daily budget you will get no impressions. Google does not show your ad one at a time. They are more likely to show your ad multiple times at the same instant. Because of that, showing your ad would substantially risk going over the 20% daily maximum over-delivery, so they won't show your ad at all. Even if your bid is 50% of your budget, your ad likely will not show at all. If your bid is 20% of your budget, you will get limited impressions, all for the same reason. I suggest your bids be at the most 10% of your daily budget. And set your daily budget to something you can afford to lose as you come up to speed with your campaigns.

The default bid is probably what you are looking at in your ad group if all bids are the same. Click on the amount at the top of the page to change that. Or, substantially increase your daily budget. You can change your bid at the keyword level, too. Just click on the bid amount and change it.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords