AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it daily budget even though I clearly picked Campaign budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am quite confused to be honest. Trying to promote my video through ad words, clicked "Campaign Budget" instead of daily budget, key in the amount and done. for example RM 10.00

Now I am in addwords, looking through my campaign settings, i noticed the budget stated that it would cost RM 0.78 per day instead of RM 10 until finished as it mentioned before?

What does this mean? Should I be worried? and why is it there's only an indicator for daily budget but not "Campaign Budget" like when you trying to promote your Youtube Video?

Do respond, because I am so confused.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dota With M

Lets say daily budget is $10- 

$0.10 x 100 = $10 per day (Cost-per-click x Clicks per day = Daily budget)

If you're used to working with a monthly advertising budget, you can calculate the amount you might budget per day by dividing your monthly budget by 30.4 – the average number of days per month.

-Julia

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dota,

You can only set the daily budget, you can use this formula: (monthly budget / 30.4)

Here is daily budget for your Monthly Budget:

Monthly Budget/30.4 = Daily Budget

$300/30.4                = $9.86

So, If you set $9.86 as your daily budget, then your Monthly budget won't exceed your limit of $300.

Hope this clears your query.

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So "Campaign budget " is a lie? my ads wont stop after I put the 10 bucks in my amount and it will consumed as daily budget?

Re: Is it daily budget even though I clearly picked Campaign budget?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can choose to spend the amount on a daily basis (Daily Budget) or over the entire campaign (Campaign Budget). If you choose Campaign Budget, your campaign will stop running after consumed the amount you enter.

Read more about it here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2572395?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Dota With M

For each of your ad campaigns, you'll set a daily budget — the amount that you've budgeted to spend on your ads each day. If you've noticed that the total daily cost of your campaign is more than your daily budget amount, that means your campaign is spending more of your budget on days with higher Search traffic and less on days with lower traffic. 

While the cost of your campaign can be 20% above your average daily budget on any given day, you won't be charged more than the monthly charging limit that AdWords uses to prevent you from accidentally getting overcharged. This means that as long as your budget is consistent for an entire month (using the formula I provided in my earlier post) you won't be charged more than your daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month, which is 30.4- $0.10 x 100 = $10 per day (Cost-per-click x Clicks per day = Daily budget)

In the case of the above budget exceeding the capped $ amount,  you will see an overdelivery credit. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375423?hl=en&ref_topic=3123046

-Julia