AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it allowed to advertise sites like groupon?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would like to know if it is allowed to advertise sites like groupon so group buying sites?

I want to know because of one reason, because a lot of clients asked me if I can do that however the problem is its always the same domain but different subpages (different offers). So example would be:

1st account for company A would be http://groubuyingsite.com/companyAoffer

2nd account for company B would be http://groupbuyingsite.com/companyBoffer

Thank you for your answers

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Advertising Groupon or Facebook landing page using AdWords

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello pergassi, welcome to our community;

Technically you can;

However, as you correctly mentioned, per the double serving policy of AdWords, Google allows to advertise only one domain on search results page (SERP).

I assume that there are many (like you) who wish to advertise their Groupon landing page. Since, only one ad with Groupon domain is allowed on SERP, the competition is fierce, resulting with a bid per click that  can reach enormously high price, following by cost per the conversion too expensive and NOT worthwhile. (Unless  you are a corporation with deep pockets Smiley Happy)

The same applies to promoting your Facebook page using AdWords

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pergassi,

Yes, you can do that. As Moshe correctly mentioned, there might be a lot of people advertising for that domain but what interests you is how many of these are targeting your keywords. If there's nobody else targeting the keywords that interest you, you shouldn't be too afraid of having to go deep into your pocketsSmiley Happy

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello pergassi, welcome to our community;

Technically you can;

However, as you correctly mentioned, per the double serving policy of AdWords, Google allows to advertise only one domain on search results page (SERP).

I assume that there are many (like you) who wish to advertise their Groupon landing page. Since, only one ad with Groupon domain is allowed on SERP, the competition is fierce, resulting with a bid per click that  can reach enormously high price, following by cost per the conversion too expensive and NOT worthwhile. (Unless  you are a corporation with deep pockets Smiley Happy)

The same applies to promoting your Facebook page using AdWords

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In our country is a little different because we dont have groupon and we have a few other smaller but big for our country group buying sites.. 

Thanks for your answer.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pergassi,

Yes, you can do that. As Moshe correctly mentioned, there might be a lot of people advertising for that domain but what interests you is how many of these are targeting your keywords. If there's nobody else targeting the keywords that interest you, you shouldn't be too afraid of having to go deep into your pocketsSmiley Happy