AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is it Necessary to Include Misspellings as now google indroduced "Keyword matching options"?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Recently google introduced Keyword matching options in Campaign settings ,which gives you the option to trigger ads for misspelling queries. so should i include misspelling keywords anyway or just i can leave that to this new option??? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Is it Necessary to Include Misspellings as now google indroduced "Keyword matching options&

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

First of all this keyword matching option works for exact and phrase match keywords. Hence, I would suggest you to first go through the search terms report and see how many times these misspellings, plurals etc.. have been targeted by Google and whether they are of some importance for you in terms of leads/sales or not.

If it's working fine, then you might consider leaving them (misspeliings, plurals etc...) for  the time being. However, if you find that using this feature is not proving good in terms of the business needs, then you can certainly disable that option and consider including the plurals, misspellings on your own which you think can be of some importance.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Is it Necessary to Include Misspellings as now google indroduced "Keyword matching options&

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Those are some great thoughts from Pankaj there! If you're intersted in this, it might be useful for you to take a look at this article on Keyword Matching Options. This will just give you a little more info on how search queries actually trigger your ad to show and what matching types might be best for you. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

First of all this keyword matching option works for exact and phrase match keywords. Hence, I would suggest you to first go through the search terms report and see how many times these misspellings, plurals etc.. have been targeted by Google and whether they are of some importance for you in terms of leads/sales or not.

If it's working fine, then you might consider leaving them (misspeliings, plurals etc...) for  the time being. However, if you find that using this feature is not proving good in terms of the business needs, then you can certainly disable that option and consider including the plurals, misspellings on your own which you think can be of some importance.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Those are some great thoughts from Pankaj there! If you're intersted in this, it might be useful for you to take a look at this article on Keyword Matching Options. This will just give you a little more info on how search queries actually trigger your ad to show and what matching types might be best for you. 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Re: Is it Necessary to Include Misspellings as now google indroduced "Keyword matching options

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thnaks Pankaj. I will do the same. i am learning lot of stuffs from you guys. thanks to this community. -- Praveenraaj PPC Analyst 99 4100 4170