AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is anyone else experienceing a slow AdWords platform?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been working with AdWords for a few years now and have never experienced such a slow platform - we have been steadily increasing the number of campaigns and content within those campaigns recently, but from what I understand, that should not be a problem. The platform works perfectly fine for the first 3-5 minutes, and then suddenly slows down to a painful speed where it can take 2-3 seconds to type one letter. I have tried the below:

1. Different computers - in and out of the office network

2. Different browsers - FF (works the best), Chrome (always have to end up "killing the page"), and IE (which surprisingly works better than Chrome in this instance). Funny enough, I noticed if I log out, switch browsers, and log back in, I have another 3-5 minutes until it all slows down again.

3. Restarting computer

4. Turning off security

5. Closing all other open tabs

Note: all edits made in Editor successfully post to the platform (I really prefer the platform to Editor)

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Is anyone else experienceing a slow AdWords platform?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There have been reported slow downs caused by an eleged javascript that handles typing text boxes.

Read more here and you can also subscribe to that thread to obtain updates :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Freezing-During-Ad-Group-Creation/m-p/2121...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian!

Re: Is anyone else experienceing a slow AdWords platform?l

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

With pleasure , I hope they sort it out for you. I use the Editor more often than the interface. It would be great if you could setup a name in the forum profile to help others talk to you in a proper way , there is a wealth of information to discover here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My head is about to explode from the java script breaking the AdWords changes every 3 minutes! This has become a huge irritant in the past several weeks. I use AW Editor but there are always some tweaks I need to make after major changes and this java script issue is driving me crazy! Have to log out and back on to make the changes! Unacceptable! Wasting my time!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Terry C, has the interface sped up for you? I have been doing some work in it today and it looks like things are back to normal!