AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is adwords campaigns helps to improve Organic listing ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any link between Adwords campaigns and Google organic listing?  Eg : let say we are doing a search campaign and we bidding for a keyword “wedding car”. This keyword had average quality score and pushed more traffic to the deserve landing page. Is there any possibility to improve our page rank and  list on Google organic search for the keyword “wedding car”?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is adwords campaigns helps to improve Organic listing ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eranga W,

Welcome to the forum,

Google Adwords & Organic Search Result are two different fields.Investment in Adwords has no impact on your organic search ranking. Google maintains a strict separation between Search business and Advertising business.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Definitely not, Eranga W, see this article - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Buying-AdWords-does-not-improve-your-organic-r... - and the embedded video for more details on it.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Direct answer is NO it wont directly help you to improve your organic results through Adwords. However this question can get you to broader view than direct No.

This article will help you.

http://www.pmdigital.com/blog/2013/11/participating-google-adwords-help-organic-rankings/
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Eranga W,

Welcome to the forum,

Google Adwords & Organic Search Result are two different fields.Investment in Adwords has no impact on your organic search ranking. Google maintains a strict separation between Search business and Advertising business.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Definitely not, Eranga W, see this article - https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Buying-AdWords-does-not-improve-your-organic-r... - and the embedded video for more details on it.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no direct link, but I have seen it contribute indirectly in more cases than I can count.

The truth is, it can help indirectly. For starters, as you improve your landing page conversion rates, like optimizing the user experience, those changes can help your organic rankings. Also, your search term report can help guide your site focus and even uncover user questions that you can answer with quality content.

Think of it this way, about 35% of the Quality Score formula is based on how relevant your landing page is to your ad. Many of those same QS factors may also be organic ranking factors.

So, optimizing your site for user experience, conversions and quality score can all also help your organic rankings...

I know this isn't an SEO forum, but I'll give you a rule of thumb to follow. Aside from crawlability and technical SEO issues... The best SEO happens as a result of doing other things to improve your site and help your users. In other words SEO is the gravy on top, but should NEVER be the reason you do anything for your website.

I will tell you that there is definitely a correlation as well to users seeing you in both organic and paid listings, and there is also a search funnel, so a user might interact with your paid listing and than click on your organic, which can send some signals that your page is relevant.

All in all, there should be integration between all your marketing and traffic generation efforts, as they all contribute to the customer journey, but wondering if something will help your organic rankings is the wrong way to be thinking about SEO and organic traffic.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
another way it can help is you can use your adwords ad that is proven to work as your meta description for that page to try to generate more clicks from your organic rankings. This won't necessarily help you rank better, but will help you turn your existing rankings into more traffic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David and all others very useful information.