AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is adwords and my Google Business the same

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is Google Adwords and Google My Business the same thing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is adwords and my Google Business the same

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Marge,

No.

Google Adwords is the Advertisement publishing arm of Google sponsored ads that appear in Google Search Results, Youtube, and across many individual websites.

Google My Business, is a free listing for all brick and mortar stores for the companies Name Address, Phone Number, Office Hours etc. The Google My Business listings are important, because they tie into Google Search Results, Google Maps - driving directions, and the Google Search Results - Large Right hand Side Box, known ad the Knowledge Graph.

Google My Business is FREE Business Address- Phone Number listing.
Google Adwords is paid advertisement in which you yourself manage ( or hire some one to manage for you).

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is adwords and my Google Business the same

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Marge,

No.

Google Adwords is the Advertisement publishing arm of Google sponsored ads that appear in Google Search Results, Youtube, and across many individual websites.

Google My Business, is a free listing for all brick and mortar stores for the companies Name Address, Phone Number, Office Hours etc. The Google My Business listings are important, because they tie into Google Search Results, Google Maps - driving directions, and the Google Search Results - Large Right hand Side Box, known ad the Knowledge Graph.

Google My Business is FREE Business Address- Phone Number listing.
Google Adwords is paid advertisement in which you yourself manage ( or hire some one to manage for you).