AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is My Website Ok For AdWords?

MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I know Google is pretty strict about what the do and don't allow to be advertised on AdWords, and I wanted to know if my website fits the guidelines.

I would be using of one the following two url's, either to directly sell a product or gather emails.

http://mentalhealthmiracle.com/

http://mentalhealthmiracle.com/home/

I realize these look very much like typical squeeze pages or affiliate sites. It's my own site though and is a product I wrote myself which is actually very helpful/useful.

Is something like this still allowed or would I get my account banned or my ads immediately disapproved?

Thanks for any help!

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi MKM,

There is a possibility that your ads can be disapproved as per the 'Misleading content' policy.

The first example under this policy is - Examples: "Miracle cures" for medical ailments.

The exact word 'Miracle' is present in your domain name and product. And there is no verification is available to support the claims about results.

More about misleading content policy here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955?hl=en&ref_topic=1626336

Deepak

MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your reply. Although my product name has "miracle" in it, I was careful to to try not make any outrageous claims on my landing page or promise/guarantee a cure for anything. So hopefully this would help me.

I supposed if I changed the product name and domain that would help me?

As it is I may get disapproved, but is it possible my account would get banned?

Also are the any other things I may be missing? I have a privacy policy, terms of use, and contact pages. Is there anything else required?

Thanks for your help!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi MKM,

With the word miracle in the domain and product, it is easier to get flagged by the system.

I don't think changing the product and domain name will help, as the problem here is the 'claim' of the business.

An account gets banned for repeated or very serious policy violations. The decision is made on a case by case basis. But it is a possibility.

But these decisions can be made only by the AdWords policy team. And your ads may run without any problems after review.

I just shared a 'possibility' of ad disapproval based on my experience.

Deepak

MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok thanks again for your help.

Based on your reply I'll add a disclaimer section which will hopefully help.

Thanks again,

Matt

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As @Deepak_V mentioned the claims on your site are not  within the "common acceptable practices" for mental conditions, and cannot be promoted on Google. The site will most likely be suspended.  Further, you are offering a process to remediate a medical condition. Thes is only allowed to certified professionals and pharma companies. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I was going to say that I agree with the others.  You don't want to make it look "easy" or "fast" either.  It needs to be as factual as possible and less "marketing speak".  I know that makes it tricky to sell your product/service - but they are trying to protect the consumers.

Re: Is My Website Ok For AdWords?

MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
MKM
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi thanks for your replies. Based on this I'll almost definitely get
disapproved. Im gonna give it a try anyway though.

My homepage is definitely very quick/salesy. It seems like most digital
products have sales pages like this so I tried to emulate those. Seems like
it's necessary to make sales.

It really is a very good quality product though that I put a lot of effort
into writing. If anyone here is interested I can send a free copy.

I get that Google is trying to protect people, but just because a site is
salesy doesnt mean the product is no good. It would be nice if I could send
my ebook to google and have someone there review it, although I doubt that
would happen.