AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is Google recommend AdWords over AdMob, to drive Android app install?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Years ago, I had used both AdWords & AdMob to increase my Android app download. The app itself is listed in Google Play store.

Now, I want to start another round of investment, to increase the number of my Android app download.

Till now, I'm still totally have no idea, whether I should use AdWords or AdMob to promote my Android app download. I tend to read through https://www.google.com/admob/promote.html

In the above AdMob page, it states that

Increase downloads with paid ad campaigns through AdWords, and reach users across apps, the mobile web, YouTube and Google search.

Does it mean, we should create advertisement campaign in AdWords instead of AdMob, to drive mobile app install?

Thanks.

Cheok

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yan Cheng C
September 2015

Re: Is Google recommend AdWords over AdMob, to drive Android app insta

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Yan Cheng C;

The AdMob  network is now integrated into the AdWords display network, and can be targeted using a mobile apps campaign in AdWords;

http://googleblog.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/adwords-meet-admob.html

Mobile apps

Image and text ads show on the Google Display Network and AdMob network in mobile applications on Android and iOS devices.

Types of mobile app ads:

• Mobile app installs ads
  • Mobile app engagement ads 

Learn more about mobile app ads.

• Display Network only
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes; though for advertisers who used AdMob separately in the past, Google still keeps AdMob as a separate platform, for convenience. The signs are that  it will be fully integrated into AdWords in the future.,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Yan Cheng C;

The AdMob  network is now integrated into the AdWords display network, and can be targeted using a mobile apps campaign in AdWords;

http://googleblog.blogspot.co.il/2012/06/adwords-meet-admob.html

Mobile apps

Image and text ads show on the Google Display Network and AdMob network in mobile applications on Android and iOS devices.

Types of mobile app ads:

• Mobile app installs ads
  • Mobile app engagement ads 

Learn more about mobile app ads.

• Display Network only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does it mean we should use AdWords platform to create campaign instead of AdMob platform? Any reason, why we still need to use AdMob platform?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes; though for advertisers who used AdMob separately in the past, Google still keeps AdMob as a separate platform, for convenience. The signs are that  it will be fully integrated into AdWords in the future.,