5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Is Adwords Catering To Expanded Text Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know in things like Facebook, they'll seem to cater (meaning show more often and give priority) to new releases such as video ads or canvas ads etc. My question is, will google do the same to the expanded text ads? Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is Adwords Catering To Expanded Text Ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Walter V,

I would think that Expanded Text Ads are certainly on the radar of AdWords... but with all the other aspects, too. I see it as being something personal to each advertiser, more specifically, than with Google directly. It's all about you, your intended purposes and ideal goals. 

With that said, new features are fun, exciting, and effective at maximizing performance with AdWords. And accounts generally do really well that use as many features as possible, compared to those that only use a few features. 

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
hi Walter,

From my experience with expanded text ads, google is giving them more priority than the normal ads. I am also getting better results.

Regards,

Zaby
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Walter V
September 2016

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify, there will not be a preference given to expanded text ads vs. standard text ads in terms of which ads will win an auction. That's still based on your ad rank (bid + quality score).

Hope this helps!
Cassie