Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Invitation accepted, access not granted. How to delete invitation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

In the past I have received an invitation to get linked to someone elses adwords account. I accepted the invitation but was never granted access. Now I cannot setup my own account because AdWords is saying:

"You have accepted your invitation. You’ll be able to sign in to AdWords once the person who invited you confirms your access. Feel free to contact this person directly with any questions. We’ve sent the instructions to your email address. 

You’ll receive an email once your access has been confirmed."

But I don't want this access anymore! Is there any way to break the invitation without havingn to contact the person who invited me in the first place (more than 1 year ago).

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks,

Karin

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Natasha (Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭)
September 2015

Re: Invitation accepted, access not granted. How to delete invitation

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way for you to delete the invitation. Only the person who invited you can do so. I believe you'll need to contact them and ask them to delete the pending invitation.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Karin,

Theresa is correct in saying that, yes, you cannot revoke the invitation yourself as you do not have admin access to the account.

Your main options are now:

1) Get in touch with the person who invited you and ask them to delete the pending access invitation

2) Open your AdWords account with a completely new email address that is not assigned to any other account

3) If neither of these options work for you, you could try contacting AdWords Support here, to see if there are any further details we can get in relation to your specific case to help you out

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Natasha

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Well i am not sure of the correct answer, but i think u need to terminate access to unlink your account. Please see the below screenshot.

Under Client Manager section>> First be sure of the Email address you are connected with & Then click actions and select terminate access.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way for you to delete the invitation. Only the person who invited you can do so. I believe you'll need to contact them and ask them to delete the pending invitation.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Karin,

Theresa is correct in saying that, yes, you cannot revoke the invitation yourself as you do not have admin access to the account.

Your main options are now:

1) Get in touch with the person who invited you and ask them to delete the pending access invitation

2) Open your AdWords account with a completely new email address that is not assigned to any other account

3) If neither of these options work for you, you could try contacting AdWords Support here, to see if there are any further details we can get in relation to your specific case to help you out

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Natasha

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem... super irritating.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2012.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. 

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.