1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys, I just wanted to clarify some matters with regards to invalid clicks. I just want to know if the data found in the "invalid clicks" column is already subtracted the total of the "clicks column? Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Invalid clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrew,

Yes, "invalid clicks" is already subtracted the total of the "clicks".
(Invalid clicks are clicks Google considers illegitimate and doesn't charge you for. )
You can test following way... like: take any campaign, check the total click after that check the adgroup click... "Click" column show total click and their charges, Google are not charge you for Invalid click.

Thanks,
Tushar

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrew M,

Welcome,

I am not sure but I don't think invalid clicks also counted in the total clicks column as Google filter out invalid clicks to make sure that it does not effect your overall account statistics.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Andrew,

Yes, "invalid clicks" is already subtracted the total of the "clicks".
(Invalid clicks are clicks Google considers illegitimate and doesn't charge you for. )
You can test following way... like: take any campaign, check the total click after that check the adgroup click... "Click" column show total click and their charges, Google are not charge you for Invalid click.

Thanks,
Tushar

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andrew,

Tushar is correct!

Invalid clicks are already filtered out from your regular AdWords stats and you are only shown the filtered data by default.

However you can always check the Invalid clicks and Invalid clicks rate data and then optimize your account accordingly. Read more in the help center reference here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549113

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for everything guys!