AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid clicks and Mobile Devices !

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Invalid click filtering seems to work on the basis that if an IP hits your key word/adverts more then once it will then filter the 2nd and 3rd and 4th click and so on making just one click valued, however if 10 to 20 of your competitors/companies and their staff using others p c , i Pads and mobiles with different IP Address, all make 1 valued click each and every day this will then result in a significant damage to ones budget for the day, in fact I do believe this is what's happening to myself I also believe the real problem started when Enhance campaigns started and we could no longer change the settings to allow us to turn of I Pads and mobiles devices, I use to run my campaigns on PC bases only without any mobile devices with great success and all was working fine, it seems no longer viable to continue advertising on Google adwords if this is the case, I ve also tried using the I P blocking setting however I P can change on mobile devices very easily ! making click fraud easy.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Invalid clicks and Mobile Devices !

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kevin F , Welcome to the Community

You can use the Bid Adjustment for mobile to set it to minus 100% .

Just go to the Settings Tab , click on Device and click on the Cell at the intersection of the Mobile row with the "Bid. Adj." column,  then select "Decrease by" and type 100 in the percentage box.

You can also use the Audiences tab to exclude any previous visitors who visited your site for less than 2 seconds for example ( if you have a Display network campaign) .

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by John Paul (Google Employee)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Kevin F , Welcome to the Community

You can use the Bid Adjustment for mobile to set it to minus 100% .

Just go to the Settings Tab , click on Device and click on the Cell at the intersection of the Mobile row with the "Bid. Adj." column,  then select "Decrease by" and type 100 in the percentage box.

You can also use the Audiences tab to exclude any previous visitors who visited your site for less than 2 seconds for example ( if you have a Display network campaign) .

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee
Adrian,

Excellent suggestion! Hopefully that will deter some problems Kevin has with his current ads.