2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Invalid HTTP response code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is disapproving my ads with following reasons.

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
Invalid HTTP response code: To help make sure that our ads are relevant, useful, and easy to interact with, we don't allow ads to link to broken webpages. For example, your landing page can't return an error code beginning with a 4 or a 5 (such as a 404 error). To run your ad, please make sure that you entered the right destination URL and that your site works properly for all browsers, across all locations.

My website is opening well in all browsers. My web is www.dex-lab.com

Please advise

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Invalid HTTP response code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kusum,

I would suggest you to Read this Policy link and specifically this part which says Invalid HTTP Response code to make sure that your website adhere to this policy, otherwise your ads will get disapproved as you said:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

Pankaj

Re: Invalid HTTP response code

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Kusum S,

I have noticed this as well in the past, There can be several issues, the biggest being that the googlebots where not able to reach your landing pages to at the time of approval. This could be because the site was down, a robots.txt issue blocking the spiders or a whole host of other issues in which are stated in the notification.

To troubleshoot, if you don't mind, you can resubmit or edit the ad and submit again. If the ad immediately say the same thing and reason then there definitely related to a blocking of the googlebots. If the ad goes through it was a temp issue.

Also refer to the link @pankaj1782 mentions for additional assistance if the quick troubleshoot above doesn't work