AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Internal error: This ad group isn't currently available for serving.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got a display network only campaign(Named "Display Network"). I've got one of those google-made ad gallery images as my ad, because they can be resized to fit any adspace. I've also used the display planner to target ~20 or so websites to place this ad. CPC is at an acceptable level - I've already raised it to see if that fixes it.

This ad campaign has been running for a week now. No clicks, no impressions. Whenever I look at "Placements" under the "Display Network" tab, I see "Managed" and a chat bubble. Whenever I scroll over the chat bubble, a window pops up and tells me that I am not showing ads right now for any of the websites. Elaborating further, it says "This ad group isn't currently available for serving. Please try again later." and below that, "Internal error." 

Has anyone come across this before, and is there any way to fix it? I'd like to get this campaign off the ground soon.

Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean D
September 2015

Re: Internal error: This ad group isn't currently available for servin

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Sean,
We investigated this issue and it seems that you are targeting both Mobile Apps as well as normal Display targeting (non-Mobile App placements).

Unfortunately, when an ad group targets Mobile Apps, it is no longer compatible with regular Display targets. This includes placement targeting sites (as well as other targeting such as topics). If you want to target only Mobile Apps, we recommend you create a "Display Network only - Mobile Apps" campaign. If your intent is not mobile-specific, please remove the Mobile Apps from targeting (in the Placements section).

I hope this helps!
Kathleen

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sean D,

I've escalated this issue to get support to take a look at this for you. With any luck, someone should contact you shortly.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Thanks Pete!

I'll look into this for you Sean - keep an eye on your inbox.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Pete and Kathleen, I'll look forward to hearing from you.

This ad group isn't currently available for serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Did you fixed the error? How?

Thx

Re: This ad group isn't currently available for serving

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Adrian,

Not yet, I'll update with the solution once it's found (unless someone else posts it.)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sean D
September 2015

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
Hi Sean,
We investigated this issue and it seems that you are targeting both Mobile Apps as well as normal Display targeting (non-Mobile App placements).

Unfortunately, when an ad group targets Mobile Apps, it is no longer compatible with regular Display targets. This includes placement targeting sites (as well as other targeting such as topics). If you want to target only Mobile Apps, we recommend you create a "Display Network only - Mobile Apps" campaign. If your intent is not mobile-specific, please remove the Mobile Apps from targeting (in the Placements section).

I hope this helps!
Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello
I've created a PCP campaign and placed 2 ADs (text and image) into the website vitorbaiameteo.pt
this site is running adsense and it is showing ADs

There as been passed 1 week but the Ad is still in this mode
-- This ad group isn't currently available for serving. Please try again later.---
and my Ad as 0 visualizations,

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Francisco,

The quickest way to get an answer is to start your own separate thread. Please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can i remove the mobile apps from targeting. I cannot find. i have the same issue "This ad group isn't currently available for serving"

Please advice me