AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Interact w/ ad w/ multiple clicks & then click through to site?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who is requesting something that I don't think is possible, but wanted to verify before I tell them it can't be done. What they want: to create an interactive animated banner ad, where the user would click on the ad to attempt to shoot a basket though a basketball goal. They will miss the first one, but try again, then make the basket. Then the ad would animate through to the end where they would then click through to the client's website. It seems like it wouldn't be possible to click multiple times on a banner ad. Is this correct or is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Interact w/ ad w/ multiple clicks & then click through to site

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

It's possible if you create it in Flash. You'll need to adhere to the animation guidelines found here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en
In my opinion, the idea that it requires multiple clicks before it goes to the website is not the best idea. I don't know the goals of your campaign, but you generally want the path of least resistance when driving display traffic to a website. If this is for branding then it really wouldn't matter.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Kasey C;

Well... I would use a more direct language than @David Kyle;

In my option "forcing" multiple clicks on the ad before directing the user to the landing page would be a violation of the "abuse of the ad-network" section of the Policy;

I would strongly not recommend this practice.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@MosheTLV 

I was wondering if it was allowed or not. A better reason not to do it for sure.