AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Instead of a daily budget, is it possible to set a lifetime budget for my Ad words campaign ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have roughly around 1000 Dollars per month worth of budget , and i'm new to ad words. 

on other social media , they allow you to set a lifetime budget which helps you know/determine how much money you'll be spending to follow through your expenditure, So in ad words that's not available , then how will i know how much my ads will spend per day??? 

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ismael s
September 2016

Re: Instead of a daily budget, is it possible to set a lifetime budget for my Ad words campaign ?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi @Ismael S, Adwords don't have an option to set lifetime budget/ Monthly budget at this point of time. To set the daily budget, you can use this formula : (monthly budget / 30.4)

Here is daily budget for your Monthly Budget:

Monthly Budget/30.4 = Daily Budget.

$1000/30.4                = $32.89

So, If you set $32.89 as your daily budget, then your Monthly budget won't exceed your limit of $1000.

Hope this clears your query.

Thanks

Manikandan G.

Instead of a daily budget, is it possible to set a lifetime budget for my Ad words campaign ?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Ismael,

As mentioned by Manikandan, You can use $33 as your daily AdWords budget.

If you have multiple campaigns in your AdWords account and you are unable to make a decision regarding the budget allocation for each campaign then you can use the shared budget using shared library.

Access the shared library from the left panel of the UI >> budgets(view) >> +budget >> assign a name, add the campaigns, enter amount($33) >> save.

Please note that your total daily cost might be up to 20% more than your average daily budget on days with higher Search traffic and less on days with lower traffic. However, you won't be charged more than your average daily budget multiplied by the average number of days in a month (30.4)

For your reference:

costs might exceed your average daily budget

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

How do i start Setting a monthly spending limit for my account?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have a certain monthly budget that i'm allowed to use , and i would like to set up a monthly budget limit for my over all campaigns , I don't need to set it for each and every campaign i make individually. 

How can i do that with my existing google ad words account. with out having to create a new manager account ? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Ismael,

You can use 'shared budget' option in AdWords.

Find more information here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2517512?hl=en

Deepak

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Ismael,

Please avoid multiple threads related to the same topic.

You will surely get a solution for your query.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Ismael,

You can set your budget in shared library , under budget, you can give or set your budget at account level.

Regards,

Manish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for providing me with this!l formula! 

But the difference is that my campaigns will not run for the whole month they are only running for a certain period of time , for example i might run a video ad for 2 days and another for 3 . I can't use this formula for these campaigns because i have a sepnding limit on them for a few days and not for the month. Now here's the question:  How can i calculate that???

Does it work of i divide my specific outlined budget on my total campaign days ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes I agree Facebook, Twitter etc and other online advertising platforms all make it far easier to set and manage campaign budgets. Also when trying to reconcile card payments to budgets is far easier to do than AdWords. I'm of the opinion that Google are purposefully making this difficult so businesses are aware of their spends. Can't see any other reason for making it so difficult to manage and actually encourages me to spend more on other platforms by making it so much easier!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hroonsahib669@gmail.com

I have roughly around 1000 Dollars per month worth of budget , and i'm new to ad words. 

on other social media , they allow you to set a lifetime budget which helps you know/determine how much money you'll be spending to follow through your expenditure, So in ad words that's not available , then how will i know how much my ads will spend per day??? 

any body want to earn money