AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Inquiry: Amazon product pages appearing in google search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Community,

How are we all doing? I have quite a few questions that I cannot just seem to find answers to. These are I believe basic questions. Is anyone kind enough to enlighten me somehow?

1. On the page grab below, we see an Amazon product page being indexed (what's the proper term?) in google search.

a. How is this done?

b. Are sellers able to do this themselves? Or is this is something that cannot be "directly" influenced by sellers?

2. I have been searching in google "how to rank Amazon product pages on google" but most articles, if not all, involves some in-Amazon optimization

which ultimately ends with the product being featured in google.

3. Supposed we have an Amazon product page, no reviews, newly set-up, and not yet ranked. Are there steps sellers can take, to have that said product page be shown on google when an individual somewhere types in a particular term? I understand we can do it via adwords search campaign, but there is no way for private individuals to place tags e.g. conversion tracking on a third party site like Amazon.

Any enlightenment will be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Ed.

screenshot1.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Inquiry: Amazon product pages appearing in google search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Edward P,

Please have a look at this snip:

Capture-sep4a.PNGSearch Results Page for *Ford Cars*

In the left hand column below the pics you can see 2 paid ads and also 3 organic or natural listings below them. Paid ads are served by the Google AdWords Program while organic results - based on indexing - are served by the search engine proper. This forum is specialized in paid ads and how the search engine lists natural listings is beyond our expertise and off topic in this forum also.

I'd advise you to re-post the query here:

Google Webmaster Help Forum

Thank you very much for your kind understanding.

Best,

Lakatos