Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Information Technology (IT) Company with low Quality Scores

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I have a new client who is an IT (Information Technology) company where most of their target keywords revolve around the word 'IT'. Quality score for nearly all keywords are below average despite the ad and website obviously being highly targeted to the keyword. I am wondering if there is an issue because of the word 'IT' - when I type in the keyword to Google, search intent is fine which is why I am a bit baffled as to what's holding these guys back from spending the money they want to.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Casey

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Casey E,

I am assuming it's a legit thing. Well, a huge number of similar companies swarm around on the net since the very beginning of AdWords and their lion's share target the same sort of keywords. Chances are most of them did a poor job with the KWs for prolonged periods of time which can be a plausible explanation for the low QS values. You may of course wish to overcome this hurdle by persistently doing a great job with them over time so as to convince the system. A good job would first of all mean good CTR.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

This is a very competitive field. QS is relative to other advertisers (bidding on the same keywords). If the average is low, then getting a score above average could be difficult.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’