Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Ineligible Bid for Call Extensions

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have enabled Call extensions for one of my campaign today. I have kept the bid for £2 but still it is showing ineligible bit. I also tried to increase the bid to Max (£20) still it is showing ineligible bid. 

Can someone help.

Thanks

Raghu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Ineligible Bid for Call Extensions

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If you’ve enabled call metrics for a campaign, your ad groups must meet a minimum number of clicks for your assigned Google forwarding number to show up in your ads on desktop devices.

To make the the best use of our pool of forwarding numbers, ad groups must be likely to generate a minimum call volume level in order to begin displaying call forwarding numbers next to the ad text. Once an ad group gets a minimum volume of clicks, a Google forwarding number will begin to show. For mobile campaigns, the advertiser's business phone number will show up in click-to-call ads until the threshold is reached.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454046&from=1620821&rd=1

When using Call Metrics, you can set CPP bids at any time.  However, there is a threshold number of calls that your ad group must receive to the Call Metrics phone number before you are able to actually use those CPP bids.  So you will see "Ineligible Bid" in the CPP Bid column until you've hit or surpassed the threshold.  Once you've hit the threshold, you must have entered a CPP Bid to activate bid-per-call.

A similar thread is at http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/new-to-google-adwords/rdob66o6BQ4

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If you’ve enabled call metrics for a campaign, your ad groups must meet a minimum number of clicks for your assigned Google forwarding number to show up in your ads on desktop devices.

To make the the best use of our pool of forwarding numbers, ad groups must be likely to generate a minimum call volume level in order to begin displaying call forwarding numbers next to the ad text. Once an ad group gets a minimum volume of clicks, a Google forwarding number will begin to show. For mobile campaigns, the advertiser's business phone number will show up in click-to-call ads until the threshold is reached.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2454046&from=1620821&rd=1

When using Call Metrics, you can set CPP bids at any time.  However, there is a threshold number of calls that your ad group must receive to the Call Metrics phone number before you are able to actually use those CPP bids.  So you will see "Ineligible Bid" in the CPP Bid column until you've hit or surpassed the threshold.  Once you've hit the threshold, you must have entered a CPP Bid to activate bid-per-call.

A similar thread is at http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/adwords/new-to-google-adwords/rdob66o6BQ4

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Raghu,

If you are using Conversion Optimizer to manage your campaign, then you can not add Call Extensions.

Thanks

Gopi

Linkedin

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Nik & Gopi,

What is the minimum impressions/Clicks that we need to get for the campaign/Adgroup to show the phone number? Any Idea... 

@Gopi... I have not enabled conversion optimizer for the campaign

Thanks

Raghu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there Theniks

I have the same problem with CPP this morning on an ad I placed yesterday.  It ran OK yesterday but this morning, it is now showing as paused with an illegible amount (of any amount I put in) as the problem area.

All my other ads are still working fine and nothing was done differently with this one.  The only mani difference I can think of is that I am targeting London specifically with this one.

Any ideas?  Appreciate your insight and thoughts.

Thanks

Adrian