AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Individual Adgroups with different Urls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Community,

I am new to adwords but having some very good knowledge. So i have created an ad and used 10 keywords.

Presently i have created a ad with

1 campaign
1 Ad group in above campaign
1 Ads in above ad group
10 keywords for above ads.

Now my campaign is perfectly working fine and i am getting clicks.

Now i have a Question

i have 3 keywords
best tshirts in hyderabad(hyderabad is a city name)
cheap tshirts in hyderabad(hyderabad is a city name)
buy tshirts in hyderabad(hyderabad is a city name)
and i have a landing page which is related to the hyderabad(hyderabad is a cityname) www.xyz.com/hyderabad

I have another 3 keywords
best tshirts in delhi(delhi is a city name)
cheap tshirts in delhi(delhi is a city name)
buy tshirts in delhi(delhi is a city name)
and i have a landing page which is related to the delhi(delhi is a cityname) www.xyz.com/delhi

I have another 4 keywords
best tshirts in bangalore(bangalore is a city name)
cheap tshirts in bangalore(bangalore is a city name)
buy tshirts in bangalore(bangalore is a city name)
and i have a landing page which is related to the bangalore(bangalore is a cityname) www.xyz.com/bangalore

now my requirement is

if some body type "best tshirts in hyderabad" then i need to show webpage www.xyz.com/hyderabad
if some body type "best tshirts in delhi" then i need to show webpage www.xyz.com/delhi
if some body type "best tshirts in bangalore" then i need to show webpage www.xyz.com/bangalore

how to do this.

Can i create 3 ad groups for 3 cases ? or any other suggestion from you.

Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestion.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, just as you suggested, break this out into 3 ad groups one for each city. Make sure to set phrase match negatives at the ad group level to keep the correct city showing ads. For example in the delhi ad group, add hyderabad and bangalore as phrase match negatives.

You could also consider creating 3 campaigns, one for each location. Just another way to do this.

Hope this helps!

Ben

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Hungry R,

Your best bet is to create 3 separate campaigns and use geotargeting, one campaign for each city (Hyberabad, Delhi, and Bangalore). For your keywords, you won't really need to include the city name when you use geotargeting. I would not recommend broad match. Use BMM (broad match modified), Phrase, and exact match. You can put them all in the same ad group. Watch your search terms for the BMM and Phrase match keywords. Add keywords or negative keywords to your ad groups to improve performance.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords